Root Failure on Bionic ICS .232

Badger1313

Reaction score
Finally got the 232 leak installed but now unable to root using Motofail. It sees my phone and goes through the reboots, but cannot install. Here is the script:

[*]
[*] Motofail: Universal Motorola Android Root Exploit (Windows version)
[*] by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Tested on Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid RAZR, and Droid 4
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the latest Motorola drivers installed, and that your phone
[*] is connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Deploying payload...
failed to copy 'motofail' to '/data/local/motofail': Permission denied
Unable to chmod /data/local/motofail: No such file or directory
[*] Owning phone...
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/motofail: not found
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Attemping persistence...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem
[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/motofail: not found
rm failed for /data/local/motofail, No such file or directory
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!
[*] Press any key to exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Phone is in USB Debug and is connected as a media device. Have tried this several times without success.

Please Help. Thanks in advance.

OP
B

Badger1313

Reaction score
It worked, thank you very much. I had tried this before without success but I downloaded your copy and tried again. The only thing I did differently was to unzip the folder to my desktop instead of a folder in my documents. Before it ran the script without rebooting. This time it walked through the steps like a marching band.....:hail:dancedroidDancingNexusdancedroid

Now on ICS .232 rooted and clocked at 1.2Gh. Just as I started to reload my apps, I see a note from SamariHL that a new leak for ICS 6.7.235! Here we go again...:blink:

EDit: WARNING, other threads are reporting that ICS 6.7.235 is a deadend. Cannot FXZ back from it, so you will be off the OTA path. Do Not Use without careful research or you could be Borked.:icon_ devil:

Last edited:

iAmRyC

Reaction score
I'm still having issues with this. After upgrading to 232 my computer doesn't recognize my Bionic, always trying to install drivers. I've installed the latest Motohelp multiple times and I still get that drivers for the XT875 installation failed. I need this in order to get root.

moetrain

Reaction score
I'm still having issues with this. After upgrading to 232 my computer doesn't recognize my Bionic, always trying to install drivers. I've installed the latest Motohelp multiple times and I still get that drivers for the XT875 installation failed. I need this in order to get root.

As far as I knew, the drivers that worked for .905 (or .902) should also work with .232 they are simply moto drivers PC to Moto devices.. Mine worked just fine. Do you have the proper drivers for your pc? they exist for 32 bit and 64 bit systems. you need to look up which you have and make sure you downloaded the right ones.