[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

skylordusa1

Reaction score
Having a little trouble finding the guide/directions/files to get my phone completely back to stock 2.2 with stock recovery. Anyone have any links/files they can provide that would help someone get back to fully stock 2.2 or 2.1. Not that I want to do this now but would be nice to have just incase.
Install the larger update from the circus thread. It'll put stock recovery back on and give you bone-stock FRG01B.

Please dont hate me for asking such a dumb question but what is the circus thread?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

jase

Reaction score
moto will this work with the new frg22d official patch?

I don't mean to answer for Moto, and I'm a raw newbie at this, but Moto's guide worked for my manually updated frg22d Droid.

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score

I don't mean to answer for Moto, and I'm a raw newbie at this, but Moto's guide worked for my manually updated frg22d Droid.

I too will confirm that earlier today I had lost root due to the latest OTA (22). After following his instructions I now have root back. setCPU and wireless tether seem to be functional. I'm a happy droid owner again.

:icon_eek: Whew... I was actually unrooted for almost an hour there! First time since November. Glad that's over :icon_ banana:

THANK YOU motoCache1 !!!

skylordusa1

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ircus-continues-frg01b-official-get-here.html

It was only on the front page for days. :)

I'll provide install instructions with no extra cynicism or sarcasm, though, so don't worry.

I've just answered that question so many times my keyboard tried to bite me last night for hitting sore keys.

hahahahhahahahahah sorry about that furbearing. I should have looked a little harder. I am going to try this out just to see If I am able enough to go back to stock and get back to where I am now. Hopefully I dont break my phone hahahhaha. Thanks again for the link.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ircus-continues-frg01b-official-get-here.html

It was only on the front page for days. :)

I'll provide install instructions with no extra cynicism or sarcasm, though, so don't worry.

I've just answered that question so many times my keyboard tried to bite me last night for hitting sore keys.

hahahahhahahahahah sorry about that furbearing. I should have looked a little harder. I am going to try this out just to see If I am able enough to go back to stock and get back to where I am now. Hopefully I dont break my phone hahahhaha. Thanks again for the link.
No charge. :)

pistacio

Reaction score
Thanks boxcuttastyle and jase for reporting on the re-root...

As a Newb to rooting, a BIG thanks to Motocache for the guide. I learned more about how my Droid works this past week than I have learned since opening the box last year.

Questions...I'm rooted frg01b stock, will I receive the OTA? If I do, Sprecovery will block install, correct?

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Newbie or not, I'm glad to know it works! Haven't had a chance to try it yet tonight, so now I can. Thanks for the info (boxcutta too)

edit: finally got around to this... thanks again motocache for putting all this together, it's a beautiful thing!

Last edited:

jbwiden

Reaction score
I am going through the procces right now but having an issue. I am at step 8 I have followed all previous steps. when it says phone shows up does it mean SE FLASH OMAP3430MI shows up in the model column? I then went to the sbf file but the right pane file details never show up and the start button stays greyed out.

Thanks,
Josh

Windows 7 64 bit with correct drivers
checked run rsd lite as admin

SOLVED: I moved the sbf to the root on my computer and then restarted rsd lite still did not work... put a space before the .sbf and upon removing the space the file details showed up and start can be pressed

Pressing on to the critical step 9 and 10

Last edited:

ding007

Reaction score
I have universal androot loaded along with ROM manager. I try and load Chevyno1 rom and goto restart into clockwork recovery and i get a triangle with an ! in the middle of it. If i unroot, will the directions above work to root?

jbwiden

Reaction score
Well it seems it did not go so smoothly. I waited till rsd lite had phone[0000]: phone is being rebooted. I instantly pressed dpad up. Rsd lite says finished and the droid is back on the screen that says

Bootloader
2C.7C

battery ok
ok to program
Transfer mode:
USB

The instructions seem to suggest that recovery will start but it does not seem to be doing anything just still at the above screen. Should I be rebooting the phone now

So now what?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it seems it did not go so smoothly. I waited till rsd lite had phone[0000]: phone is being rebooted. I instantly pressed dpad up. Rsd lite says finished and the droid is back on the screen that says

Bootloader
2C.7C

battery ok
ok to program
Transfer mode:
USB

The instructions seem to suggest that recovery will start but it seemes it is not for me... Or should I be rebooting the phone now

So now what?

yes reboot again holding 'x' - going into the bootloader again just allows rsdlite to finish its test to show "pass"

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have universal androot loaded along with ROM manager. I try and load Chevyno1 rom and goto restart into clockwork recovery and i get a triangle with an ! in the middle of it. If i unroot, will the directions above work to root?
Why would you unroot? This method fixes everything and will allow you to continue to use ROM Manager until it borks something bigtime.

Just use this method, then flash ClockworkMOD Recovery over SPRecovery, and away you go. :)

ding007

Reaction score
Because the thread starts out like this>>>This procedure is to root a phone that is not presently rooted. If you're already rooted (by virtue of running a custom ROM or any other way) then you don't need this.

SO..I can do this method EVENTHOUGH I am already rooted with universal androot and it won't screw anything up?

jbwiden

Reaction score
Ok looks like I am rooted :)

I guess their was one slightly confusing step for me.

in step 11 it seemed to suggest to skip step 12 if you caught the boot?

Thanks,
Josh