[HACKS] Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

EastBay580

Reaction score
I am trying to install RSD Lite and keep getting an error. I have downloaded a few time and when I install I get the same error. C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\64rc371.msi.

Any Help would be much appreciated. I would like to root but cannot get past this.

zero7404

Reaction score
wats ur source for the download?
grab a program called ccleaner (windows), install it and use it to clean up ur registry, and restart. then try to find a reputable site that will let u download rsdlite 4.9 and try it again.

posted via android

EastBay580

Reaction score
wats ur source for the download?
grab a program called ccleaner (windows), install it and use it to clean up ur registry, and restart. then try to find a reputable site that will let u download rsdlite 4.9 and try it again.

posted via android

As I got this I had just finished the rooting. I downloaded it a few more times and got it to work. I do appreciate your help. Now that I am rooted I am trying to figure out what I should do next.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Your update.zip file either got renamed or decompressed, would be my guess.

Your best bet is to rename the update.zip from within the OS via Astro and reflash the SBF, complete with the update.zip install, or try flashing the RZR SBF and then rooting from within the recovery itself. If you do that, you MUST remember that you have to install busybox and SU from the market.

droid4607

Reaction score
sorry for the double post but im having a hard time rooting my phone ( i have a mac) is there a really good tutorial out there for mac users?

thanks in advance

Total_Reborn

Reaction score
Thank You

I just wanted to thank you for this incredible guide. Being new at rooting, your detailed guide was amazing. I had zero issues.

EastBay580

Reaction score
This guide worked great for me also. Easy understand and follow. Thanks for your time and effort. Now its time to flash a new rom

indie1138

Reaction score
Thanks this really helped me out. The write up was very easy to follw and understand.

isaidnoso

Reaction score
Hi, I am having trouble with this guide. I have gone through steps 1-14 with success(I think). When I am on the recovery screen I have clicked "install", and "allow update.zip installation", and then I clicked "Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated). But, it gives me this error message:

E: Can't mount/dev/block/mmcblk0pl (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted.

I went to make sure my sdcard and USB Mass storage is enabled. I also made sure that I didn't type zip.zip twice on update.zip, so I am not sure what is wrong? Help would be appreciated, thank you.