Root app store like cydia

droid x root

Reaction score
I feel that there should be a app store like cydia on jailbroken iPhones where you can download root apps and tweaks. Is there anything out there like this that I'm just missing? Thanks :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They're already in the Android market ;)

DroidForums Junkie!!

abe7333

Reaction score
I know.. I really don't see a benefit on rooting though

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seriously??

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
The benefit is that you can load custom roms and themes on your device. Also you can add a whole new customization to your phone. Wifi tethering becomes free once you root because you can just get it in the market instead of using hotspot.

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

aimless

Reaction score
Rooting was the best thing I did to this phone! I can't even think about running stock anymore. The speed, quality, and flexibility is amazing! Actually, I owe everything to everybody in DF. So...thanks guys!

Focused 2.0 DroidX

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
almost all of the root apps can be found on the android market.

turdbogls

Reaction score

maybe android isn't for you then. if you dont see the benefits of being able to change your phone pretty much however you want,wireless tether, overclocking, data throttling, custom Roms, custom themes ect. maybe apple is up your alley.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

maybe android isn't for you then. if you dont see the benefits of being able to change your phone pretty much however you want,wireless tether, overclocking, data throttling, custom Roms, custom themes ect. maybe apple is up your alley.

Just because you have Android does not mean you are looking to root, theme, ect....

aimless

Reaction score

Just because you have Android does not mean you are looking to root, theme, ect....

Very true, Backnblack. However, it's a definite "benefit" to having an android device compared to others. I agree with the statement.

jonecat

Reaction score
The funny thing about this thread is you can do almost anything that the apps in Cydia do for iOS devices on an Android device without rooting it. Rooting it takes it to a whole other level that iOS will never see.

turdbogls

Reaction score
i never said rooting was a benefit of android (even tho it is) i said there are alot of benefits to rooting. i guess if i left out the iphone part, i would have a better arguement :) haha