roms and themes question

volsfan1965

Reaction score
can I install any of the themes that will work on the D2G when I am running stock rom or do I have to run a different rom and then change to a theme for that rom. thanks in advance for any help:byeBB:

clouse2013

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to use a custom rom and a theme specifically for it. Im not 100% sure but I think that's how it works.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Clouse is right. Each theme is created for each specific ROM due to the programming. Some developers do themes and port them to multiple ROMS. You have to find a ROM you like then look for the themes then add them. Then you get to try others. Its what has kept my D1 so new to me for two years now. Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sid_wisc

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to use a custom rom and a theme specifically for it. Im not 100% sure but I think that's how it works.

Clouse is right. Each theme is created for each specific ROM due to the programming. Some developers do themes and port them to multiple ROMS. You have to find a ROM you like then look for the themes then add them. Then you get to try others. Its what has kept my D1 so new to me for two years now. Good luck and have fun!

^^^+1... With the themes available for individual custom ROMs, DO NOT even try to use a theme on the stock ROM, I am not sure but it might soft brick your device... I tried using the liberty theme on Fission and I had so many problems with it... If you like to theme and still want to keep stock you can try to use ADW launcher and then there are so many themes for the ADW which will help you have a different phone whenever you want to make a change... That is what I am doing at this time to change things on my phone!!!!:icon_ banana:

OP
volsfan1965

volsfan1965

Reaction score

^^^+1... With the themes available for individual custom ROMs, DO NOT even try to use a theme on the stock ROM, I am not sure but it might soft brick your device... I tried using the liberty theme on Fission and I had so many problems with it... If you like to theme and still want to keep stock you can try to use ADW launcher and then there are so many themes for the ADW which will help you have a different phone whenever you want to make a change... That is what I am doing at this time to change things on my phone!!!!:icon_ banana:
sid_wisc do you have any problems with your contacts when you installed fission rom? If so how did you fix it? I tried to put it on my D2G and my contacts were really screwed up.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
sid_wisc do you have any problems with your contacts when you installed fission rom? If so how did you fix it? I tried to put it on my D2G and my contacts were really screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I did have the issue with the contacts which was like having all the facebook and google contacts in there. e.g. instead of having 100 contacts I ended up with like 200+ contacts. I was not able to fix it even after looking through different posts in the forum and ultimately ended up bringing back everything to stock. Currently i am flashing the stock and everything appears to be fine....

Edit: Signature is misleading, will change it in a few days, just a little busy these days...

Last edited: