Will roms still work...

L0ckett

Reaction score
I had two d2g's, one was my primary phone and one I used for testing roms and whatnot. Well last week I traded my primary phone for the Droid Charge. I kept my SD card that has all of my d2g roms on it and now I have a friend wanting to buy my other d2g. Obviously I do have it rooted and running CyanogenMod on it (I believe) but I will most likely flash it back to Angelrom as its more stable. My question is though will my friend have any issues using the phone with HIS card or would he need mine since the rom is loaded on it? Sorry in advance for the n00b question, lol.

P.S the d2g isn't activated so no number is tied to it so he will just be activating it over the phone. I don't feel like listening to Verizon complain about activating a rooted phone.

60lpsdf250

Reaction score
I had two d2g's, one was my primary phone and one I used for testing roms and whatnot. Well last week I traded my primary phone for the Droid Charge. I kept my SD card that has all of my d2g roms on it and now I have a friend wanting to buy my other d2g. Obviously I do have it rooted and running CyanogenMod on it (I believe) but I will most likely flash it back to Angelrom as its more stable. My question is though will my friend have any issues using the phone with HIS card or would he need mine since the rom is loaded on it? Sorry in advance for the n00b question, lol.

P.S the d2g isn't activated so no number is tied to it so he will just be activating it over the phone. I don't feel like listening to Verizon complain about activating a rooted phone.

No, as long as the ROM is functioning and there is no need to re-flash (for some reason) the ROM dosen't need the SD card to work. There may be progeams that have been moved to the SD card. You would have had to initiate the move though.

D2G