Help with D2G Roms...

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
To be honest the sensors issue isnt a big problem for some people. I noticed that when i type on the keyboard and then turn my phone back the right way up it goes back to normal. And really other than the sensors there are few bugs on Liberty. But if you want to be able to use a lot of themes and change your phone i would go with Liberty. Has the most themes as far as I've noticed.
Well I choose Apex because it was still blured but I may try Liberty with Go Contacts and see how that compares to blur.

As for the sensors, how does the lack of proximity sensor work when dealing with calls? Is it as I suspect, that you have to hit the power button every time?

i was also wonering why people dont appreciate the d2g for its processor. i love this phone. GRD will come thru for us.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
I more then apreciate it. The backflip I just came from was running a 528 MHz ARM 11 processor. It could be overclocked to about 748MHz and remain stable, but thats about as high as it could go. Plus it woulld never have been bale to support flash even with Android 2.2/CM6. Like Cowboy said, alot of phones just tend to over shadow it imo.

nikolio

Reaction score
Ya. U have to hit the power button but u can time the screen out to go black so u dont hang up while ur talking.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Thanks Laser for narrowing that down lol. :) So why is the Global lacking in the rom department? And will we ever see the light on that because as we all know this phone is one of the most powerful devices on the market? It would be a shame to see it go down the tubes.dancedroid
Why is it lacking? - My guess is time. The devs have lives outside the forum. Just be aptient. I just came from a moto backflip and trust me, be thankfull for what you have. It was about 9 months in to the shelf life before we got even got root, and the first rom we got was a hack of the official 2.1 rom for the Moto Cliq since the hardware was very similar. Now, about 1.5 years after the device launched, Kernalzilla is just now able to provide a some what stable port of Cynagon Mod 6.

Power wise - I think you may exaggerating this a bit. I may be wrong on this but it seems like a new high end Android device hits the market almost monthly these days. Factor in the dual core cpus hitting the market..I dont think it is quite at the top of the food chain like you seem to think it is.

The number 1 reason for lack of support for our phone is the locked bootloader. Just about every device I know of that has an unlocked bootloader has third party dev support. The number 2 reason is an almost complete lack of adoptation. Almost nobody bought the D2G (at least when compared to sales of OG Droid and Droid2/X). Its not worth anybdys time to dev for D2G. Angdroid did it... and team GRD is trying, but they'll be the first to admit the group doesn't have a lot of programming experience.

And to be clear, none of the sensors with D2G romer work. The keyboard lights coming on was just a work around based on a timer.

chrisl20

Reaction score
We just need to hope that one of the millllliiooonnnnnnssss of phones dropped into the toilet per year is jrummy and/or kejar31 and asurion shafts them into the d2g....but, they would most likely just go buy a new dx/d2 since its easier to go w what you know...and, I don't believe the locked bootloader is the problematic downfall of the d2g, since the dx&d2 are locked as well, I think its the additional radio, sim card, different scripting for sensor's to be tied in, and xtra processor speed, and how blur is forced to be tied into the system in some aspects...I think moto is slowly going to the iOS approach and locking it down all the way round like fort knox, and they r doing it in baby steps, from one new phone to the next...but, im not sayin that's 100% true...I don't know everything, I just read a whole-lota-forums...and I loved my d1's(even tho I didn't mod/hack them),& my d2(especially after experiencing it liberated 1.5 style), but the d2g...ugh...its a nightmare....moto will probly not be purchased by me ever again, unless they go the xoom route and unlock their next phones.....un-likely....

apollyon0810

Reaction score
We just need to hope that one of the millllliiooonnnnnnssss of phones dropped into the toilet per year is jrummy and/or kejar31 and asurion shafts them into the d2g....but, they would most likely just go buy a new dx/d2 since its easier to go w what you know...and, I don't believe the locked bootloader is the problematic downfall of the d2g, since the dx&d2 are locked as well, I think its the additional radio, sim card, different scripting for sensor's to be tied in, and xtra processor speed, and how blur is forced to be tied into the system in some aspects...I think moto is slowly going to the iOS approach and locking it down all the way round like fort knox, and they r doing it in baby steps, from one new phone to the next...but, im not sayin that's 100% true...I don't know everything, I just read a whole-lota-forums...and I loved my d1's(even tho I didn't mod/hack them),& my d2(especially after experiencing it liberated 1.5 style), but the d2g...ugh...its a nightmare....moto will probly not be purchased by me ever again, unless they go the xoom route and unlock their next phones.....un-likely....

I agree completely. My next phone will absolutely NOT be a Motorola device. I like their design and quality, but hate their business practices. The next phone I get HAS to have an unlocked bootloader.

PS. I love my Xoom.

cilantro

Reaction score
if i install the liberty 1.5 rom, will i lose my apps and contacts? sorry if this is a "rookie" question but I'm new to this.I installed clockworkmod rom manager but it doesn't work.I have installed d2 boostrap and have backed up my existing rom.Just lookin for some assistance.thanks in advance...

kickyindahead

Reaction score
if i install the liberty 1.5 rom, will i lose my apps and contacts? sorry if this is a "rookie" question but I'm new to this.I installed clockworkmod rom manager but it doesn't work.I have installed d2 boostrap and have backed up my existing rom.Just lookin for some assistance.thanks in advance...

dont forget to get titanium back up ... you can back up all your apps and then you can batch restore them all at once .. very handy .. between bootstrap and titanium back up .. youll never go wrong .. or very rarely need to sbf .. but having sbf and rsdlite on hand doesnt hurt either .. actually its recommended .. strongly by me .. someone who has soft bricked his phone more times than i can count.. dont ask! lol...

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I second all the suggestions above.

Assume for a minute you are a mechanic. If I come to you and tell you my truck doesnt start, whats the first thing your going to ask? Well what does it do..the same logic applies here. In order to help we have to know details. "It does not work" could mean any number of given problems. You do not need clockwork rom manager. You do need z4root, which I assume you did already, and Droid 2 Boot Strap. Droid 2 Bootstrap will get you in to the clockwork recovery menu where you can make back ups, flash roms,etc.

Oh and why go with Liberty 1.5? Why not go with Liberty 2.0?