[ROM] [ROM][UPDATE][1/26/2012]Blue Lightning aka Lightning 5.0.1

OP
dhemke17

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome rom. Haven't had any issues other than the com.htc.bgp but that's probably due to me removing all the weather crap.

Found one color issue - The GPS icon when in use goes from red to white to green.

Yea...i noticed that too....not in a real hurry to fix it, but it will get done hopefully on my next release. I have actually rethemed it t a grey color but will continue to do upkeep on a red and green theme as well...

shadowpunx

Reaction score
Hey I noticed my browser keeps closing after being open for a few seconds,i did a wipe before loading

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Hey I noticed my browser keeps closing after being open for a few seconds,i did a wipe before loading

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
I just noticed this as well but it only happens if I click on a link in an email.

Edit - Found out why. I didn't have Flash installed. Check to make sure you have flash installed on your phone. Forgot it wasn't installed with the rom.

Last edited:

NattyBee

Reaction score
Found an issue (though admittedly a small one)...when in market, leaving rating comments on apps...the text & background are both white... :p

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
Dude...that looks pretty sweet! And I will get in and fix that error...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Changed my dock icons:
View attachment 31153

Also, here's my battery so far for today (yes, I'm using extended battery, lol):
View attachment 31154

Reaction score
I'm willing to guess that is the widget...I gave read of that widget having issues with accuracy... Have you tried BatteryLife? I've used it on D1, DX, Vibrant, NC, Fascinate (my Brother's, lol), D2, and now on ThunderBolt...never had an issue...and, btw, it matches the battery icon % too, so I don't believe that is an issue with the battery icon...

Hope that helps :)

It was only a one time glitch with the widget... that was the first time anything happened like that, and it was the widget only (when I went into the app it showed correct %).

Battery Left is by far the best battery application that I have used for statistical and usage info.

Plus, my battery wall charger showed up today (finally) so I can start charging my spare batteries without having to charge the phone. Just wish that you could hotswap the batteries without having the phone reboot.

Reaction score
Yea...i noticed that too....not in a real hurry to fix it, but it will get done hopefully on my next release. I have actually rethemed it t a grey color but will continue to do upkeep on a red and green theme as well...

Quick question: Love the boot animation, however it doesn't play any sound. I tried placing my own custom MP3 file in and it still doesn't play any sound. Any clue on getting this to work properly?

NattyBee

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Using LauncherPro Plus :)

Can you still get HTC Widgets using that though?

No, LauncherPro Plus has it's own widgets...all in all, LPP has.many similarities to sense, although for me it is my preferred launcher...when I have time I'll get some screenshots of LPP widget selections :)

Yeah, on my Droid X I used ADW.Launcher EX because the stock "home" wasn't doing it for me. HTC & Sense is far superior (IMHO) and I wouldn't want to lose the widgets, etc. I wish someone could work into a custom ROM the expanded App drawer as well as Landscape mode home screens, but keep the HTC/Sense widgets, etc.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Can you still get HTC Widgets using that though?

No, LauncherPro Plus has it's own widgets...all in all, LPP has.many similarities to sense, although for me it is my preferred launcher...when I have time I'll get some screenshots of LPP widget selections :)

Yeah, on my Droid X I used ADW.Launcher EX because the stock "home" wasn't doing it for me. HTC & Sense is far superior (IMHO) and I wouldn't want to lose the widgets, etc. I wish someone could work into a custom ROM the expanded App drawer as well as Landscape mode home screens, but keep the HTC/Sense widgets, etc.

Well, the DX home is Blur Home, which sucks...lol...Sense is superior to Blur, but I still prefer LPP...ADW EX is nice, but not nearly as smooth/polished as LPP, and I noticed significantly shorter battery life on ADW EX..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Any way to get the green andy out of my pulldown. I hate that lol. Thanks.
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like that on there.

What's the easiest way to remove the flashlight and GPS icons from the pulldown? I don't use the flashlight and GPS is always on. I never toggle it on/off.

Last edited: