[rom ][ tw ] vzw sv dev edition sm-g900v

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Patch does not work for WiFi hotspot. I'm still getting the Verizon hotspot subscribe error popup. So i'm still not able to tether my data connection in KitKat.

Very strange, have you installed anything or restored files? Should work if all you do is flash rom.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

J

JayK9684

Yes I factory reset, cleared cache, davilk and flashed the rom along side the patch. Maybe the following forms will help you? I'm reading them right now. I'm more focused on the 2nd one. I'm certain eventually someone will figure this issue out. I mean its been native to other custom roms. At the moment theres not much choices for the Verizon Galaxy S5.
How to fix data tethering on Android KitKat devices (For Tbaytel / ANY Wireless Co.) - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
[GUIDE] HOW TO Enable Wi-Fi Tether on stock Kit Kat 4.4.2 - Page 2 - xda-developers

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It works great on my phone. So I don't understand the issue. I can Odin flash. Then flash this rom and it works.

resevu2a.jpg

J

JayK9684

The icon doesn't prove anything though. I've had it too with FoxFi and then when i connect on computer it says i have no connection. I dont have access to odin since I have Mac and JODIN doesn't work on my Mac. I flash and restore in TWRP. I flashed the rom with the patch together. Flashing it separate is how it got stuck last time.

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Update coming soon, you will like.

J

JayK9684

We spoke on XDA and you helped me obtain access to hotspot on stock rom. Unfortunately at the moment samsung has my device as i accidentally locked the bootloader because i tried to use the program JODIN on Mac. Hopefully they reset and unlock it again I should have the phone in a week or so. I've learned after trying JODIN I can use ODIN on Mac thru Virtual machine i'll be writing a tutorial on it for Mac users.

bshure

Reaction score
OTA updates & detailed instructions

Will OTA updates from Verizon work with your rom?

Can you aim me at installation instructions for dummies? I feel good about rooting my S5 and getting Titanium Backup to replicate to google drive!

Cheers,

Bert

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Will OTA updates from Verizon work with your rom?

Can you aim me at installation instructions for dummies? I feel good about rooting my S5 and getting Titanium Backup to replicate to google drive!

Cheers,

Bert

Are you on the dev edition?

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Updated