Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Removed.

Last edited:
J

JayK9684

Can't tether

Hey just letting you know I cant tether with this rom. The patch isn't working. All it does is bring up the Verizon subscribe to hotspot notification.

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you do a factory data?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

J

JayK9684

Yes before i installed the rom i did as well as clear cache and davilk.

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Give me a second and I will make you a zip. See if that fixes it. You do have the toggle though?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also i have to redo the following to read/write to sd card again. Unless you have a fix for that due to kitkat limitations. I fixed this in stock and made a TWRP backup for recovery. Unlock external SD Card writing for all apps in Android 4.4 KitKat | Winaero

That should be enabled already, I might not have included it yet. I have a pretty good update in the works including ASEC forward lock disabled. The zip I just posted also adds Torch toggle.

You are correct it seems I left a line out:
Code:
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Consolas]<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >[/FONT][/COLOR]    
[COLOR=#ff0000]    <group gid="sdcard_rw" />[/COLOR]
    <group gid="media_rw" /> 
[COLOR=#666666][FONT=Consolas]</permission>[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:
J

JayK9684

Oh I don't care for torch personally as i use Tesla LED. Well i suppose i'll enter in the details for the sd card permissions on this rom. Then i'll restore all my apps and data as usual thru Titanium. :) I am flashing the zip you made and it's stuck on an eclipse boot logo at the moment it's been less than 5 minutes though.

J

JayK9684

Still stuck on boot animation logo..... been nearly 10 minutes.

OP
Versatile1

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Reboot and do a factory data.

Just outta curiosity, you are not restoring original odexed files or trying to run on a non dalvik system are you?

Last edited:
J

JayK9684

Nevermind that. I'm just not thinking correctly at moment supposed to go to restore. I'm going to put custom rom with zip patch on internal so i dont have to keep having to redo my 16GB ext sd card to swap data.

J

JayK9684

Update

Patch does not work for WiFi hotspot. I'm still getting the Verizon hotspot subscribe error popup. So i'm still not able to tether my data connection in KitKat.