ROM Steel Droid Gingerbread Updated For The Droid 1

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SteelDroidBanner.png

It would be hard to believe that there are many of you still out there who own or are using the OG Droid on a regular basis. I would have assumed that all the Droid 1's had exploded by now. That being said there are still plenty of older droids out there. The Bionic has to have been one of the most resilient devices that I have ever owned. I imagine that it is being used by someone somewhere. If you happen to be using an OG Droid you may be experiencing a lack of Rom support for your device as pretty much everyone has moved on from developing for this device. You will be happy to know that developer "ChevyCam94" has updated his Gingerbread Steel Droid rom for the Droid 1!

The latest build was released late in January and it includes ICS-style big contact photos, reduced apk sizes to cut down on memory uses, fixed more memory leaks, a taste of the new kit kat theme, ADW launcher and Launcher 2, cleaned up settings, the removal of cluttered code, updated most gapps files, system tweaks and more! The OP includes custom bootanimations and ringtones that you can flash alongside the rom. This Rom is also available for several other devices. Head to the OP link below for the download.

Download and Discuss

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Wow, someone found out about this faster than I expected! lol Yeah, its happening, and will have a LOT of work done to it. Any and all suggestions, and contributions are welcome, and may or may not get merged, after I test/approve them.

azules9780

Reaction score
That's cool! I miss that phone. It was definitely the best I've owned.