[ROM MOD] AOSP Liberty GB

I am actually having an issue I have never had with my time with anything liberty. For some reason it isn't updating my gmail. I dont get a notification even though they are enabled, and when I go into the Gmail app, none of my new emails show up...Any ideas?

Go to settings / accts & sync & sync gmail....

Here is a quote from the Install Notes in the OP :
**Some Google Apps will have to restored from Market (Gmail,maps,etc) DO NOT restore Data from Tit. Backup,etc.
It is also recommended after 1st boot that you go to Accounts/Settings & Sync Google.

I am actually having an issue I have never had with my time with anything liberty. For some reason it isn't updating my gmail. I dont get a notification even though they are enabled, and when I go into the Gmail app, none of my new emails show up...Any ideas?

Go to settings / accts & sync & sync gmail....

Here is a quote from the Install Notes in the OP :
**Some Google Apps will have to restored from Market (Gmail,maps,etc) DO NOT restore Data from Tit. Backup,etc.
It is also recommended after 1st boot that you go to Accounts/Settings & Sync Google.

Yeah I actually did read that to be honest, and I went back into the market after not restoring it from TiBu and it loaded all my previous emails, but it isnt getting ALL of my new ones. Some will randomly come through when I actually go into the app and click refresh, but even then it doesnt show all of my emails.

Enable background data and I very the emails will come in

this was sent from my phone that is cellular

This ROM is awesome so fast and I love the sky net look. I can't seem to get the DROID wallpaper that you see in the thumbnail pics. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SkyNet is a pretty slick looking theme. I have to give it a try

Emitted from my Droid X via TapaTalk

Last edited:
Looks nice. I will have to try. Will liberty toolbox work with this?

Yes, it works :)

I've tried a couple of times to change fonts on Liberty AOSP using toolbox, but both times, after phone going through entire set-up and re-boot, nothing was changed. Root Tools worked, so is possible to change fonts, but not able to through toolbox. Otherwise, love the ROM

Where is this SkyNet theme that everyone keeps talking about. Screenshots or a link would be appreciated :)

Halfway down post #3 in this thread is where you will find the SkyNet theme.

I'm really digging this rom, but since switching from the other .08 version I've noticed a few times my phone doesn't switch from WiFi back to 3G. I lose my data connection all together and the only way I've can seem to get it back is by reboot.

Has anyone else seen this? Just something funky with my phone?

I'm really digging this rom, but since switching from the other .08 version I've noticed a few times my phone doesn't switch from WiFi back to 3G. I lose my data connection all together and the only way I've can seem to get it back is by reboot.

This has happened to me a few times

Im glad a few others have this problem as well. After not using my phone for awhile, it happens to me too.

You can try installing it from the liberty customizer. If you were ever on liberty gb, the customizer should still be on your sd. All that stuff is in there. I used it to install some blur apps on apex. Dlna is there too I believe

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Can't use customizer IN AOSP liberty. Its in the OP.

twitter: getsome_122
My X is self aware.... Skynet AOSP Liberty.....

Not customizer from the toolbox. Go into root explorer and find the liberty customizer zip. Extract it (it may already be extracted). Open it and you'll see all the apk folders. They're just the apk files. They should work on any ROM. Just find what you want and install. It works on apex and zs.

From my Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Back