ROM Manager?

Reaction score
Question, I am about to root my fiances Eris. I have the Moto Droid and its rooted, overclocked, the whole 9. I was curious can I use ROM Manager for Eris, if so do anyone have any input on what some good ROM's are on the Eris or any other additional input would be great. Thanks for the help

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Question, I am about to root my fiances Eris. I have the Moto Droid and its rooted, overclocked, the whole 9. I was curious can I use ROM Manager for Eris, if so do anyone have any input on what some good ROM's are on the Eris or any other additional input would be great. Thanks for the help

95% sure you cannot use it for the Eris.

T2noob

Reaction score

You can...but i wouldn't recommend it. that recovery messed up my partitions and i wasn't able to restore nands or flash any other rom, so i was stuck with a nice little brick on my desk.
I'd say go with RA no one has complained on that one.

Maverick0984

Reaction score

You can...but i wouldn't recommend it. that recovery messed up my partitions and i wasn't able to restore nands or flash any other rom, so i was stuck with a nice little brick on my desk.
I'd say go with RA no one has complained on that one.

Hmm, not to be rude, but if it bricks your phone, wouldn't it mean you can't?

Just cause you can install it, doesn't mean you can use it :blink:

sjflowerhorn

Reaction score
the newer versions appear to be working, don't quote me as im no dev but it hasn't messed anything up, however im still scared to try and use it from the interface. i have only used the recovery

i have done nand backups, restores, wipes, partitions and but still scared to press that little flash rom from zip button in the app. if anyone has been braver than me please do share.

jrozga

Reaction score
the newer versions appear to be working, don't quote me as im no dev but it hasn't messed anything up, however im still scared to try and use it from the interface. i have only used the recovery

i have done nand backups, restores, wipes, partitions and but still scared to press that little flash rom from zip button in the app. if anyone has been braver than me please do share.

I used rom manager a few times on my eris, it did not brick my phone but it did not work 100% of the time. I uninstalled and use amon now, just as easy and it hasn't failed me.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
any chances you will be releasing one so we can update using that instead of wiping and re-installing? i see fission has there own rom manager im sure there are enough people who would donate to get this feature going

Reaction score
The existence of a ROM manager has nothing to do with whether you will need to wipe when re-installing. Kejar can use Koush's ROM manager for distribution if he wants too. I think it's a pretty trivial thing to set up.
All the ROM managers do is provide a nifty interface to download the zip, then reboot into recovery to install it.
If their are enough framework changes to require a data wipe, you will need to do that regardless of the method you use to install.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
The existence of a ROM manager has nothing to do with whether you will need to wipe when re-installing. Kejar can use Koush's ROM manager for distribution if he wants too. I think it's a pretty trivial thing to set up.
All the ROM managers do is provide a nifty interface to download the zip, then reboot into recovery to install it.
If their are enough framework changes to require a data wipe, you will need to do that regardless of the method you use to install.
this is terrible news but i guess makes sense, less issues if u do a full wipe

megna22

Reaction score
Okay here's a good one what is burrito manager is this a speical verson of rom manager that wins a prize LOL :motdroidhoriz:..

trippwojohn

Reaction score
I spent nearly a day getting my S4 rooted, due to random conflicting instructions on how to do it. I finally got it done. Now I have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how to flash another ROM onto my device, for many of the same reasons. It took FOREVER to figure out how to flash CWM onto my device, since the newer CWM files are .img files, and Odin doesn't like them for some reason. I eventually stumbled upon a reference to "ROM Manager", a device I have been carting around, device to device, but never really used. It took about 15 seconds to flash CWM with it. I did notice, though, that Rom Manager seems to have the capability to flash ROMs, as well. Has anyone used this in this capacity? Successes, failures? I would welcome any and all input before I attempt to try this, and NOT make my phone a brick. Thanks in advance!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
From my experience with rom manager, make a backup in recovery (CWM) 1st before attempting anything in rom manager. That means booting into recovery manually & not with rom manager. I have the paid version & used it once. It's a nice option/app. But flashing roms & making backups in recovery has always worked better for me. I'll download a rom, boot into recovery & flash from there. And had much better results than doing it all from rom mangler. Ymmv

Tapped from a Nexus