ROM Manager Premium

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is ROM Manager Premium worth it? I am thinking about buying it...

Also, what about Launcher Pro Plus? Only thing I can find out about it is the widget resizing...

CM74DX

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Launcher pro plus, no, it hasn't been updated in a while and is buggy on many new phones go launcher is better.

Rom manager is worth it if you do a lot of flashing though it. Also, if you use cwm, this is a good way to compensate koush for developing it for you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher pro plus, no, it hasn't been updated in a while and is buggy on many new phones go launcher is better.

Rom manager is worth it if you do a lot of flashing though it. Also, if you use cwm, this is a good way to compensate koush for developing it for you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I just thought as much as I flash, it might be cool to have it.

I already bought the TBH app to support them.

Really, just looking for some good apps that would be nice to have.

CM74DX

gregg0829

Reaction score

Also, what about Launcher Pro Plus? Only thing I can find out about it is the widget resizing...

CM74DX

I don't think you can get CM7 updates through rom manager. That would be a major bummer

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

Hey brad! Yes both are the bomb.but launcher pro just has the widgets is really all but you can theme them...rom manager premy will give you the nightlies!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can get CM7 updates through rom manager. That would be a major bummer

Premium gives you nightlies! On d2 anyway..and a few extra roms and patches..

gregg0829

Reaction score
I went to purchase rom manager tonight and one of the reviews stated he couldn't get cm nightlies.if you can I will get it!!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went to purchase rom manager tonight and one of the reviews stated he couldn't get cm nightlies.if you can I will get it!!!

Well, all I can say is I'm on d2 and I get them in my rom manager premium..so I don't know why you wouldn't? But ask another dx owner first...because that's strange how I can but dx can't..but I don't want anyone mad if they don't..lol I check every morning for my nightlies...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

You can get the CM7 nightlies. But you have to use ROM manager to flash Droid X 2nd-init CWM first. Otherwise all you will see is a list of outdated ROMs.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can get the CM7 nightlies. But you have to use ROM manager to flash Droid X 2nd-init CWM first. Otherwise all you will see is a list of outdated ROMs.

Yes! Thought so! But yes we don't have the option for 2nd init for d2 so that's prolly why I see them anyway..lol but yes I noticed the option for dx or dx 2nd init..

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get it. I am going to the Gingerbread ROMs for a little while though.

CM74DX

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll probably get it. I am going to the Gingerbread ROMs for a little while though.

CM74DX

Hey me too! And yeah I was bored and thought about trying metickones roms..lol in rom manager..lol

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried to go to .602 through the TBH app. Got stuck in brick hell. Had to sbf twice and I just decided to restore my backup. Oh well, looks like I'll be getting ROM manager premium.

CM74DX

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I bought the license and installed the latest nightly. I go into CM settings and try to register for the update notifications and it says registration failed. What the hell??

CM74DX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I don't remember having to register for updates. I'm pretty sure after flashing cm7 all I did was select the check for updates option and after that I got notified when there was an update. Can't double check though since I'm on ssx now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk