ROM Manager not working?

Split630

Reaction score
I am running BB 0.2.1, no theme, P3 1.1gHz Kernal, ROM Manager Premium v1.8.8.9, ClockworkMod v1.8.1.8.

Sometimes when I go to flash a new ROM, do a back-up, do a restore, re-boot into recovery, really anything that would perform a reboot. It's not that it doesn't reboot, it hits the M logo, scrren goes black, and then either a.) Goes to the M logo and the reboots to the OS (not a new one that I was trying install, if applicable) or b.) goes into Clockwork Recovery home screen, and just sits there (if I was doing a restore I now have to do it through nandroid).

Anybody have similar experiences, or know something that I can do to stop this? Sorry if it's something stupid or obvious.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moved to the app developers area...you should get help here

ROM Manager is having issues on 2.2 that is NOT ROM specific.

Good luck.

gszeman

Reaction score
Open up Rom Manager.
Flash Clockwork Recovery.
Flash Clockwork Recovery again.

Should be good to go.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Im having the same issue with rom manager. I succesfully rooted and flash ONIX(froyo) with SPRecovery and then installed rom manager and decided to try out a few more roms. I flashed clockworkmod 2.0.1.3, backed up current rom and wiped cache/data and had no problems flashing CM6RC but didnt like it so did the same steps again and installed bugless beast. Love BB but wanted to flash back to 2.0.1 so it would update back to 2.1. So I went to download rom, stock images, selected Verizon droid 2.0.1 stock, downloaded it and did every step exactly as before. Except this time when it reboots it sticks on the Motorola screen. When it does go into recovery it says cannot mount sd. Since then i cannot flash anything at all.

NOTE: I am a new user to the android os, got my DROID for free through verison not knowing it was unlockable/hackable. So sorry if non of that made sense please bare with me. All im trying to do is get back to 2.1 so when 2.2OTA comes out it will update. Any help is much appreciated.

I also tried to flash clockwork and reflash and still didnt work.

randomboy50

Reaction score
With the recovery issue, I have found flashing SPrecovery then flashing clockwork it seems to work better than just re-flashing clockwork with clockwork

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Think since I did what you told me in my other post I shouldnt have any problems now. Thanks again.