ROM Manager 4.3.0.1 and CWM

buellboy9

Reaction score
Something really strange happened yesterday that almost bricked my D1. I had upgraded ROM Manager when the new version came out, and it notified me that there was a newer version of ClockworkMod (3.1.0.2) which I successfully flashed.

Yesterday, I tried installing Sourcery 2.2. After I finished the installation, I opened ROM Manager in preparation for running the "Fix Permissions" process. It informed me that there was a newer version of CWM. Without checking, I clicked "Okay" and it proceeded to flash 2.5.0.1 (an OLDER version).

At least, it ATTEMPTED to flash. When the phone rebooted, I ended up in a Sourcery boot logo loop. When I attempted to reboot into CWM to recover, i hung at the Motorola logo. Repeated attempts to boot into recovery resulted in either the Motorola logo, or the Sourcery logo boot loop. I had to use RSD Lite to reflash the phone with my stock FRG83G image to get a usable phone again.

I'm back up on CM7.0.3 (my last working backup), but even now ROM Manager is showing I have CWM 3.1.0.2 installed, but the LATEST recovery available is 2.5.0.1. What's going on??:icon_eek:

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
ROM Manager was just updated to 4.3.1.2, but it is still telling me that CWM 2.5.0.1 is the latest Recovery, despite the fact I have CWM 3.1.0.2 installed.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
The way I understand it is, 3.1.0.2 is the most recent/up to date recovery, but for the d1 the recovery that is considered the most "stable" is still the 2.5.0.1....I to kept getting the update pop up notification one day, then the next day it quit, & I tell u what, since I installed the 3.1.0.2 & eventually went back to 2.5.0.1, I have been having all kinds of misc weird issues Ive never had before....not saying it was or is or is not CWM, Im just saying...

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
The way I understand it is, 3.1.0.2 is the most recent/up to date recovery, but for the d1 the recovery that is considered the most "stable" is still the 2.5.0.1....I to kept getting the update pop up notification one day, then the next day it quit, & I tell u what, since I installed the 3.1.0.2 & eventually went back to 2.5.0.1, I have been having all kinds of misc weird issues Ive never had before....not saying it was or is or is not CWM, Im just saying...

Yeah, the last time I flashed 2.5.0.1 over 3.1.0.2 I ended up with a brick. I'm not doing THAT again. 3.1.0.2 is working just fine for me on the D1.

theplantman

Reaction score
Something really strange happened yesterday that almost bricked my D1. I had upgraded ROM Manager when the new version came out, and it notified me that there was a newer version of ClockworkMod (3.1.0.2) which I successfully flashed.

Yesterday, I tried installing Sourcery 2.2. After I finished the installation, I opened ROM Manager in preparation for running the "Fix Permissions" process. It informed me that there was a newer version of CWM. Without checking, I clicked "Okay" and it proceeded to flash 2.5.0.1 (an OLDER version).

At least, it ATTEMPTED to flash. When the phone rebooted, I ended up in a Sourcery boot logo loop. When I attempted to reboot into CWM to recover, i hung at the Motorola logo. Repeated attempts to boot into recovery resulted in either the Motorola logo, or the Sourcery logo boot loop. I had to use RSD Lite to reflash the phone with my stock FRG83G image to get a usable phone again.

I'm back up on CM7.0.3 (my last working backup), but even now ROM Manager is showing I have CWM 3.1.0.2 installed, but the LATEST recovery available is 2.5.0.1. What's going on??:icon_eek:

The exact same thing happened to me. After I updated and rebooted it just got stuck on the M. I then did a battery pull and tried to go into recovery and it would not, just stuck on the M. I had to do 2 or 3 battery pulls and eventually my phone just rebooted back to my ROM. I then went into ROM manager and flashed alternate Recovery and then updated Clockwork Mod. It updated me back to 2.5.0.1 which is now where I have left it and seems to be working fine???

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I started having issues I have never seen before & am still having, after flashing to & trying 3.1.0.2, unsure if that had anything to do with them I flashed back to 2.5.0.1 without any problems (thank god) but then others had told me they are running 3.1.0.2 better than ever...so i dont know why I did so, but I now flashed back to 3.1.0.2 (its prettier...lol) & am giving it another try....out of curiosity did any of you "clear the download cache" before flashing the recovery, then again after? then rebooted? thats the process I followed the most recent time....wish me luck.