ROM Manager freezing, Recovery mode doesn't work after attempting JB install

bejahu

Reaction score
I was trying to install Jelly Bean (this one: Jellybean OTA here! - xda-developers) and then as soon as it finished wiping data/cache it said there was an error and wouldn't install the file. I battery pulled and rebooted since recovery mode kept going to the Android logo (on his back with the front open like operation).

Now when I go into ROM Manager I try to reboot into recovery to either install a ROM or even select a recovery to reboot to it force closes. I suspect it might have been the JB file I chose. I want to try another one, I know it worked once earlier for me but I recovered back to ICS. Now I'm stuck in ICS without being able to use ROM Manager.

maguiz

Reaction score
recovery error message

I was trying to install Jelly Bean (this one: Jellybean OTA here! - xda-developers) and then as soon as it finished wiping data/cache it said there was an error and wouldn't install the file. I battery pulled and rebooted since recovery mode kept going to the Android logo (on his back with the front open like operation).

Now when I go into ROM Manager I try to reboot into recovery to either install a ROM or even select a recovery to reboot to it force closes. I suspect it might have been the JB file I chose. I want to try another one, I know it worked once earlier for me but I recovered back to ICS. Now I'm stuck in ICS without being able to use ROM Manager.
Even, I am facing the same problem with my nexus. But even before I flashed the new rom, I was asked to flash the clockworkmod recovery and I get error message. This won't allow to use Rom manger at all. I did factory reset etc 3 to 4 times (unlocke and root also). But I get the same error message when I selected the flash clokworkmod recovery.

Any help is appreciated.

Maguiz

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do not use rom manager to flash recovery or roms. Ill be able to help yall one on one in 15 mins

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
either use wugfresh toolkit or set up adb (best method) and push reovery manually through bootloader. Also before installing jb please copy foldrs and file to your pc.

maguiz

Reaction score
recovery-adb

either use wugfresh toolkit or set up adb (best method) and push reovery manually through bootloader. Also before installing jb please copy foldrs and file to your pc.
I pushed recovery using adb method. then it came back and rebooted the phone etc.
Then I downloaded rom manager and try to install JB or anythign using rom manager. It will ask for dlash recovery file and gives error message.

I found the solution for this. Updated the SU file and clockworkmod recovery file. Thanks to droid-life forum. Everything works fine.
Maguiz