Rom Manager backup problem

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it isn't.

Im fairly new to rom management. My first rom use was cm9. Recently went to codename and in the process trying to make a backup of my existing setup using Rom Manager (free) the screen freezes after I click the ok button when it prompts for a backup name. I hit the back soft key and a non responsive window pops up.

Did this a couple times and finally just rebooted into recovery and made the backup there. It worked fine when I flashed cm9.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You did the right thing in booting into CWMR manually to do the backup. ROM Manager doesn't always play nice. I do everything manually myself and always try to get others to do the same. It's very handy to know your way around CWMR and the SDK Tools for that day when ROM Manager doesn't do what you need it to do.

What316

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't do backups through rom manager. I just boot into clockwork manually and do a backup. Been doing it that way for years and hasn't failed me once.

Check out the clockwork touch version...Really cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
raysharplessjr
Reaction score
Very good to know about this. Thank you both for your very fast responses. :) I'll take your advice to heart.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums