[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You need to redownload it from the swype website. Good thing is that there's a new beta test for swype.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I try to install Liberty Gingerbread from the tool box I get an error message saying: " No such file or directory"

I'm running the blur gingerbread on my Droid 2 if that helps

Dl the nightly. Then say no when it asks to install and wipe. Exit out of the toolbox and boot into clockwork with the bootstraper. Do a wipe, mount system and data and install zip from sd (it will be in Liberty/nightlies folder on your sd. Works every time

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

AceDaPig

Reaction score
I installed, and promptly uninstalled.

After installing I didn't have a calendar. I don't know if I got a bad download or what happened, but fact of the matter is, I rely on the google calendar for my work schedule as well as scheduling everything else. If anyone knows how to get around this or if I just got a bad download, please help. Pm or reply.

Reaction score

After installing I didn't have a calendar. I don't know if I got a bad download or what happened, but fact of the matter is, I rely on the google calendar for my work schedule as well as scheduling everything else. If anyone knows how to get around this or if I just got a bad download, please help. Pm or reply.

Bad thing about Liberty Gingerbread is there was no calender app installed. In the ROM manager under nightlies there should be an apk for the stock calender app. If not you should follow JRUMMY16 on twitter and ask him where the calender apk is or where it can be downloaded from.

sikbrik

Reaction score
Is there a way to get UniversalInbox showing up again? It's in System/App but I can't figure out how to actually use it. This was a great feature, since I use this phone for work, too.

Otherwise, this is rock solid and the absolute best experience I've had on my phone so far. OC'd to 1.2, no crashes, everything works. Excellent. Great work!

AceDaPig

Reaction score

Bad thing about Liberty Gingerbread is there was no calender app installed. In the ROM manager under nightlies there should be an apk for the stock calender app. If not you should follow JRUMMY16 on twitter and ask him where the calender apk is or where it can be downloaded from.

I don't have Donate Toolbox, but if someone could confirm that it's there. I'd pay in a heartbeat, Liberty seemed to run much more smoothly than Zombie

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The apk was there for 0.5,but it's gone now. I thought it was integrated into 0.7, but maybe not

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
AOSP Calendar was not playing nicely and after trying relentlessly to fix the sync issues, jrummy decided to drop support for it. This is why you'll no longer find it in the customizer.

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Is there any 3rd party app that plays nicely with google calendar sync that I can use as an alternative? Because frankly that's what's stopping me from switching, I use the calendar for work

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Is there any 3rd party app that plays nicely with google calendar sync that I can use as an alternative? Because frankly that's what's stopping me from switching, I use the calendar for work

I use Business Calendar. it's a paid app but it's worth it. Has a very nice agenda widget too. There is also a free app called agenda widget in the market that is decent. I know a few people who use calengoo that like it a lot.

Sent from my Storm Shadow LGBD2 @ 1.21 Gigawatts!

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Will those all write to the google calendar or do they not have write permission? I saw that the widget one did not

AceDaPig

Reaction score
Just tried reinstalling liberty...installed that app, and it depends on the internal calendar app. So I guess I'm SOL?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Just tried reinstalling liberty...installed that app, and it depends on the internal calendar app. So I guess I'm SOL?

Did ou do a clean wipe before installing Liberty? I had some initial issues with the calendar when I first installed. I had installed .7 over .5 and did not clear the data and caches.

I recovered back to .5 then did the install of .7 again, wiping data and cahce. after that my calendar has worked fine. It's installed and syncing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.