[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Is the ROM for Liberty on Froyo still available? I'm not sure that I want to upgrade to 2.3.3 until we get an actual OTA or SBF.

If, for example, I do install the GB leak and need to SBF at some point, would I simply flash the 2.3.2 SBF as before? I remember that flashing 2.2.2 after upgrading to 2.3.2 resulted in bricked phones, but since the GB leak isn't an actual SBF, perhaps this would not be the case?

I just like having a backup plan beforehand in case something ****s up. :)

I started on Liberty 2.0.1 Froyo, did the monster GB leak flash, then flashed Zombiestomped to try it out. I went from that and did an SBF back to stock Froyo. I then went to monster GB again, flashed Liberty GB .04, then did ANOTHER SBF back to Froyo. Now I am on Liberty .05 and had no real issues.

I hope this helps to ease your worries a bit. Just do Nandroid backups and you won't have to worry if you get stuck. Of course as always this is just my experience and cannot be responsible for bricked phones, missing booty calls, or angry spouses who want you to pay more attention to them than your phone.

Good Luck!

efexay

Reaction score
List of bugs & other things to report:

Preface this with saying that I've used Liberty before but can't remember why I left. I think there was 1 thing that was a dealbreaker and I just can't remember what it was. Obviously a lot of work and development has happened since then. The options and look of the ROM are great. But..

GB task manager missing for some reason??? Weird omission.

I'm a fairly knowledgeable guy on this topic. If you can't change the color of the 3g icon that stinks. If it is editable, than that setting is way too burried. As well as changing the shadow liberty image at the unlock screen.

bugs:

Wifi - Anyone who's ever had a DX or messed with one early on remember that bug where you could not use wifi at all? I'm wondering what files they used here to build this Liberty ROM because when I try to get on wifi with my D2 with this ROM it does the same loop "scanning, disconnected" that the DX did early on.

Editing pull down menu text. - first change took 5 reboots to make it stick. the next time I tried to change it, my phone was stuck in a permanent Airplane Mode that I could not get out of.

Missing calls now and frustrated. going to try and find a D2 ROM that is Blur'less if I can help it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would do a fresh install without wiping first. I don't have any of those issues. Granted, there are a few minor bugs, but that's your phone, not liberty gb. There is a bugs thread around. I would list these issues there. Hopefully the devs can address them. You can also send a logcat to [email protected]

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

efexay

Reaction score
I would do a fresh install without wiping first. I don't have any of those issues. Granted, there are a few minor bugs, but that's your phone, not liberty gb. There is a bugs thread around. I would list these issues there. Hopefully the devs can address them. You can also send a logcat to [email protected]

I'm perfectly willing to accept it is my phone, or my phone not accepting the ROM or whatever. But, it was working perfectly on the deodexed leaked D2 GB ROM that came out a few weeks ago.

I did a wipe, and installed Liberty just like the instructions said. Let's not rule out it could be a Liberty issue just because we love it..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course not! I love it but I still have my objectivity. I just haven't seen some of the bugs you mentioned, reported by other users in the bugs thread, that's all. Believe me, I have my share of idiosyncratic issues with liberty. My point was that many of those issues disappeared with a fresh install without wiping.

efexay

Reaction score
ok, just walked in the room.. add cycle booting. so I guess I'll try another wipe before completely abandoning the ROM.

Can you get on wifi?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had one reboot yet. Hope you get it sorted. Have you tried zs yet?

efexay

Reaction score
wiping now. I think the reboots were bc of heat which is really scary. I've been using Jrummy's D2 overclock app forever on low voltage with governor maxing at 1.2 ghz so this heat thing is rather perplexing.

SuzakuTheKnight

Reaction score
Followed Instructions:

Options 1:

1) Download Liberty Toolbox Donate
2) Go to Rom Manager > Nightlies
3) Click the rom and it will install it for you

I checked both backup and wipe options.

Phone is now stuck at the liberty logo upon boot. Tried to get to recovery (power + 'x' key) but it freezes on the android with triangle.

Help? Recommendations?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
wiping now. I think the reboots were bc of heat which is really scary. I've been using Jrummy's D2 overclock app forever on low voltage with governor maxing at 1.2 ghz so this heat thing is rather perplexing.

Have you tried Quickclock advanced? I calibrated and i can run at 300/13 and max at 1350/60. Its nice to run on such low voltage. Plus i use droid overclock to use a conservative governor. I also just flashed the imoseyon_tweaks_v7.1.zip. Good stuff

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Followed Instructions:

Options 1:

Phone is now stuck at the liberty logo upon boot. Tried to get to recovery (power + 'x' key) but it freezes on the android with triangle.

Help? Recommendations?

Personally i dont let the toolbox flash roms for me. After the dl, i exit out and boot into cw myself. The rom is in Liberty/nightlies on the sd.

At the triangle with the!, press the magnifying glass and it should open up stock recovery.

SuzakuTheKnight

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

I forgot about having to press the magnifying glass. First time messing with a D2. Had an Incredible beforehand that didn't require pressing anything.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha that's cool. Glad it's working for you.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Followed Instructions:

Options 1:

Help? Recommendations?

Personally i dont let the toolbox flash roms for me. After the dl, i exit out and boot into cw myself. The rom is in Liberty/nightlies on the sd.

At the triangle with the!, press the magnifying glass and it should open up stock recovery.

I find it's easier to get into recovery from the toolbox. if you go to reboot options and select reboot to bootstrap it will load into the recovery.

Roasbeef

Reaction score
When I try to install Liberty Gingerbread from the tool box I get an error message saying: " No such file or directory"

I'm running the blur gingerbread on my Droid 2 if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.