[ROM][JB 4.1.1]Unofficial AOKP for Droid 4

ndd

Reaction score
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I searched forever last night to find "hotplug" or "hotplugx" and merely found mention of them, and nothing more. Wildly frustrating. I was going to give JB another shot today on a different ROM slot and hope the MMS issues were sorted out.

myfishbear's overclock scripts work for me:

Myfishbear's Rom Server ./Droid 4 Roms/Patches/OC

hope I inserted that correctly.

ndd

Reaction score
Installing one of these patches gave you a slew of new governors? I haven't tried it yet, but I was just curious. The scripts work for me as far as setting the CPU frequencies and voltages, I just didn't realize that they also added governors.

yep. if you unzip one of his overclocks and look at the script in system/etc/init.d, you'll see that it loads the modules that let you control the speed and voltage, and also the interactiveX, hotplugX, smartass2, pegasusq, and boostedASS2 governors

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Just tried the 11/10 build with the 1380OC and speedscript. Everything worked except the camera. All the extra governors were there. The highest score on Quadrant was 3195 compared to over 3500 for Eclipse with the same OC and speedscript (I use Quadrant to have something that is somewhat quantifiable to compare changes to). I love the customization options but I need my camera to work, back to Eclipse (which isn't a bad thing).

Gumdrop

Reaction score
other than mms I am loving this ROM..stock cam is working and lots of
jie7.jpg

jie8.jpg

jie9.jpg

jie10.jpg

Did you get the flash to work though?

If flash on the camera worked, and the Caps lock and Symbol physical keyboard buttons worked this would be my daily driver and possibly the best ROM ever

strakajagr

Reaction score
Yeah AOKP's JB is ridiculously smooth, but I'm exactly where you are. The only thing I don't like about eclipse is the crappy battery life. I need a really good governor. I'm gonna try one of this, but I need to familiarize myself with the install process.

kenji91

Reaction score
My only two issues with this ROM right now are the camera flash and the Bluetooth phone not working in my car. Any solutions on either?

kenji91

Reaction score
Just noticed an issue tonight... I sent a mass text to a bunch of friends and no one responded. At first, I thought that all my friends just hated me. :)

But then I turned data off and back on and received a bunch of them in a row, including a test one that I sent myself. Anyone else run into this?

sean9721

Reaction score
I used this ROM for a few days and absolutely loved it. The only problem that made me switch from it is that MMS won't auto-retrieve, even though I have it check. I had to use Go SMS Pro to download pictures.

kenji91

Reaction score
Does anyone else have issues with USB tethering on this ROM? I can't seem to check the box to tether via USB.

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Haven't tried usb. For wifi be sure you are not plugged in to your pc usb before you turn it on. I

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Sometimes when I launch the browser it brings up a Search in the navigation bar and it freezes. The only way out is to press Home and then long press Home and wipe out the browser. Then when I launch the browser it goes to the homepage.

Otherwise no other problems. Also, on this rom my phone doesn't have problem with 1400 OC. The highest OC with other roms is 1380.

Specs: SS3, AOKP, 1400 OC, speedscript v4, hotplugx, and noop.