[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

dukill

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue. I have a droid 2 global with the 2.4.3 fission rom installed.

The reason I installed this rom was to try and deal with the constant disconnecting of my vpn connection and the very crappy syncing of my exchange server. There is 40 pages of people with the same problem over on the motorloa forums and they are claiming it has something to do with motoblur so I thought this would fix the issue but it has not fixed it. I still cannot hold a vpn connection for more then 10 minutes after the screen times out and locks.

I really like the snapiness of this rom and the improved battery life but I cannot stand the constant disconnect issue this phone has. I was wondering if anyone has the same issues or has a fix for me. I would appreciate any help I love the phone and rom and I would perfer not to have to return it. Thank you in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Flat Four

Reaction score
It seems like I'm having a small issue after installing Fission. My accounts seem to have been messed up somehow. I cant add any more accounts. When I hit "Add account" and then choose what kind, it just takes me back to the account screen without doing anything. Other than this problem the ROM works spectacularly. Any input?

tebower

Reaction score
I am not seeing many of the things mentioned in the release notes of this rom. Where do I configure the Android 2.0 scroll wheel unlock screen (as seen in the screen caps), why do I not show Android 2.2.1 in my About Phone (as shown in the screen caps), and why do I not have Reboot in my power menu (as shown in the notes)? Am I missing something? I didn't theme and just went with stock Fission.

Since this was posted on the D2G forum, I assumed all of these options were available in the ROM for my phone. Also, is there an updated version from 2.4.3? I references to 2.5.7 already.

Reaction score
I only installed Fission for about a day total, so I can't be too much help, but I never had reboot in my power menu, and 2.4.3 has recently been pulled (I read that here, never checked for myself), and it was the only stable version for the D2G. The 2.5.7 is the new release, but I don't believe it's totally stable, and it's not supported on the D2G yet.

Swirly

Reaction score
When is the 2.5.5 suppose to drop for the Droid 2 Global??

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

madhartigan

Reaction score
I'm sure PLENTY have asked this before and I'm just not able to find it in an expedient time frame.

Once I've rooted and installed Koush Bootstrapper, where do I get the Droid 2 *Global* ROM to install from Recovery?

I see the download links for Droid 2 and Droid x, but nothing for Droid 2 Global on Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

it just says "coming soon".

Can some kind soul (who isn't annoyed by me being the 4,000th person to ask) explain where I can find the appropriate ROM?

It can be a quick, terse reply because I'm pretty proficient with this stuff. Just can't find the link for the Droid 2 *Global* ROM.

I'm sorry to those who this annoys and thankful to those it doesn't and can help me.

TIA for any advice.

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Just installed GB theme w/ blk status bar and new transitions. Not sure if I like the transitions, but rest is sweet.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

Reaction score
I'm sure PLENTY have asked this before and I'm just not able to find it in an expedient time frame.

Once I've rooted and installed Koush Bootstrapper, where do I get the Droid 2 *Global* ROM to install from Recovery?

I see the download links for Droid 2 and Droid x, but nothing for Droid 2 Global on Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

Can some kind soul (who isn't annoyed by me being the 4,000th person to ask) explain where I can find the appropriate ROM?

It can be a quick, terse reply because I'm pretty proficient with this stuff. Just can't find the link for the Droid 2 *Global* ROM.

I'm sorry to those who this annoys and thankful to those it doesn't and can help me.

TIA for any advice.

Short answer: There isn't one. 2.4.3 was the only stable release for the D2G, and has recently been bulled from Fission ROM Manager. Unfortunately, that's the best/only answer I can give you, sorry.

madhartigan

Reaction score
Short answer: There isn't one. 2.4.3 was the only stable release for the D2G, and has recently been bulled from Fission ROM Manager. Unfortunately, that's the best/only answer I can give you, sorry.

So how are these guys ^^^^^^ above you trying out ROMs and whatnot?

This *is* the Droid 2 Global forum right? and their signatures say "sent from my Droid 2 Global" etc.

So somehow it's getting done. This *can't* be some copyright stuff or something is it?

Android is an Open Source OS. Shouldn't this information be freely shared?

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
As far as I know 2.4.3s still avail. On FRM and 2.5:x is on the way.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

wilboy

Reaction score

TIA for any advice.

You have to download and install first the Fission Rom Manager 1.2.4 lite for free or RFM Full for Donation and from there you can install ROM-Addon-Hotfix and Themes for D2G....Goodluck!!
Download it here: Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

NOTE: This post is for MADHARTIGAN!

TwoBuells

Reaction score

This *is* the Droid 2 Global forum right? and their signatures say "sent from my Droid 2 Global" etc.

So somehow it's getting done. This *can't* be some copyright stuff or something is it?

go here Fission Rom Manager | Team DeFuse

download FRM lite. once installed, open the Fission Rom Manager and the rom, themes, and add ons are listed for download and installation....

go to the first post in this thread and re read all the instructions

Edit: Wilboy you beat me by a min.......:icon_eek:

madhartigan

Reaction score

download FRM lite. once installed, open the Fission Rom Manager and the rom, themes, and add ons are listed for download and installation....

Thank you to both of you. VERY appreciated and I completely understand.

wilboy

Reaction score

lol...a matter of click!:)

Edit: I'm also at the BBForums! :)