[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

Technix2002

Reaction score
Potential MMS fix

I know theres some issues with MMS, as people can send with different apps even though the post says that was fixed. However, is anyone having issues with the Access Point Names (APN)? I tried to create/edit one to some settings I found for Verizon and that wont work. As in, none of my changes actually save when I hit save.

Wipe your two caches, install gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip, reboot, tada previous MMS messages start coming back!

Spoke too soon... I can receive MMS, but can't send now.

Last edited:

MerkXR4

Reaction score
anyone else having a boot loop issue with the 11/24 nightly? I first tried to use the built-in updater and got the boot loop. I then mouted the USB through Safestrap and backed up all of my files, then wiped everything (internal/external/cache/dalvik) and put the ROM file on my SD card. I then installed from Safestrap and it still resulted in a boot loop.

Help?

max8126

Reaction score
anyone else having a boot loop issue with the 11/24 nightly? I first tried to use the built-in updater and got the boot loop. I then mouted the USB through Safestrap and backed up all of my files, then wiped everything (internal/external/cache/dalvik) and put the ROM file on my SD card. I then installed from Safestrap and it still resulted in a boot loop.

Help?

Wait for the next nightly.
Gerrit Code Review

MoonScar119

Reaction score
I just noticed the 11/25 nightly does not have a working play store. anyone else have the same issue?

bofis

Reaction score
I just noticed the 11/25 nightly does not have a working play store. anyone else have the same issue?
I just installed the 11/25 build, which totally fixes the bootloop caused by the bootanimation so cheer :) As for the Play Store, mine works fine, I just launched it and viewed my app list without issue. So I don't think anything in the 11/25 build specifically affected it, as the CM roms do not include gapps anyway and just carry over whatever you had installed yourself. Perhaps try grabbing an apk of the most-recent Play Store and installing that yourself to see if that fixes it. The 11/25 build feels a lot faster than basically every previous nightly so far, unfortunately I'm not sure if it can connect to 1x/3G networks still, just LTE or bust. I think this is why we've been having such issues with data connectivity, the phone either grabs LTE or it drops data altogether :-\ (on Verizon at least)

PJroast

Reaction score
Wipe your two caches, install gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip, reboot, tada previous MMS messages start coming back!

Spoke too soon... I can receive MMS, but can't send now.

I think I'm having the same issue. I sent at least one MMS a few days ago, but now I can't receive or send them.

Spoke too soon as well, lol! I'm on the 11/21 nightly I believe, but I just rebooted and got some messages. Then I tried to open an image, picked the gallery app to view it, and then it wouldnt work, saying there was no external storage.

Last edited:

MoonScar119

Reaction score
I just installed the 11/25 build, which totally fixes the bootloop caused by the bootanimation so cheer :) As for the Play Store, mine works fine, I just launched it and viewed my app list without issue. So I don't think anything in the 11/25 build specifically affected it, as the CM roms do not include gapps anyway and just carry over whatever you had installed yourself. Perhaps try grabbing an apk of the most-recent Play Store and installing that yourself to see if that fixes it. The 11/25 build feels a lot faster than basically every previous nightly so far, unfortunately I'm not sure if it can connect to 1x/3G networks still, just LTE or bust. I think this is why we've been having such issues with data connectivity, the phone either grabs LTE or it drops data altogether :-\ (on Verizon at least)

it was a corrupt googleplus account causing all the issues. uninstalled it and all things google began working. on 11/25 load with no issues

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I also figured out why data never worked on 10.2 for me... my LTE radio was dead :eek: Have a refurb phone now and its all LTE all the time again, so, I'm tempted to reroot and try these builds.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

bofis

Reaction score
You should! The only thing I'm finding is that I don't think my phone can or does ever connect to 3G or 1x, either just white bars with no data or 4G LTE blue bars with data. If it drops data, it seems to stay that way and only calls and sms work until it gets LTE back (which may require airplane mode) is this similar to what EVERYONE else is experiencing?!

Cstryon

Reaction score
You should! The only thing I'm finding is that I don't think my phone can or does ever connect to 3G or 1x, either just white bars with no data or 4G LTE blue bars with data. If it drops data, it seems to stay that way and only calls and sms work until it gets LTE back (which may require airplane mode) is this similar to what EVERYONE else is experiencing?!

I have the same issue, which is frustrating because I'm in AZ and have great Lte coverage and because I'm not home very much, I mostly need to use my data connection when I need the Internet, which is often.

Also, I had a weird issue that happened. My phone app has been failing frequently. I'll open the phone app and it freezes on the app for a little bit then force closes, the only way I can fix it is to reboot. If I understand correctly, the phone app is part of the gapps package (correct me if I'm wrong) so I decided to reinstall gapps. After I did that I wiped cache/dalvik, and reboot. It got stuck on the boot animation, and I could see the back light flash occasionally as if it was looping. I flashed the 11/26 build again and wiped the caches, it booted up fine after that. Maybe I have a bad/corrupt copy of gapps. I should also note that I also tried to flash myfishbear's speed script (hadn't had a problem with it in the past but maybe it's not compatible with the current builds), so that could've also been the cause of the boot loops.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

bofis

Reaction score
Yes, the speedscript broke in the last version or two of Eclipse and myfishbear said not to use it until it was updated or fixed. I'm not sure that ever happened, so I'd stay away from installing that script and try another fresh install without it. Good luck!

Cstryon

Reaction score
Thanks, Bofis. The version I used was the sane version that has worked previously, at least before the snap shot. Did the android version change in the snap shot? I know it's still 4.2. Is there android versions that are like Android 4.2.x?

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

bofis

Reaction score
That's exactly what happened, CM10.2 used to be 4.2 (and 4.2.2 after that), but is presently 4.3.1, so I'd imagine enough has changed that the script would be broken.