[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

GigaJake

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Droid 4 will see Kit-Kat. And if it does, not many will still be around to see it. I know I won't

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I still cant get data to come up on the 4.3 based builds. 4.2.2 builds (the 10.1.3 release) are fairly solid for me.

Anybody try the new Hangouts w/SMS&MMS?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

motrue

Reaction score
I agree 10.1.3 is solid. The 4.3.3 builds are just not stable enough for every day driver for me. The data and SMS intermittent fall offs are a downer..

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

weatherman334

Reaction score
It stands for Milestone, and means that they feel it is a pretty stable build that now you can submit bug reports on as they work toward stable RC's. Installed it on my Droid 4 this morning and it seems okay, though I'm still having issues maintaining a solid data connection at times, usually when I fall out of service for a moment. Toggling airplane mode usually works, but would be nice if it didn't happen ;-) CyanogenMod 10.2 M1 Release | CyanogenMod

I tried the snapshot last night and I just updated it and some of my apps were acting funny and the store disappeared so I flashed the gapps for 4.3 and it sorta fixed it but was still buggy so I'm back to 4.2 :) for now..

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Thought I'd mention: The Hangouts SMS works flawlessly with 10.1.3. No issues with MMS sticking through reboots for me any more.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

bofis

Reaction score
Additionally, Handcent SMS works flawlessly for MMS in 10.2 as well. I've been using each nightly as it comes out and other than having trouble holding onto a data connection after loosing it, everything has been as good as it was under 10.1.3

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Anybody know how to force Hangouts to be the default SMS app in 4.2.2 or even the stock 4.1.2 so that clicking on the messaging widget opens Hangouts INSTEAD of the stock SMS app?

bofis

Reaction score
Well, you prolly just have to applications and clear defaults on the stock messaging app (or whatever other app you sms with currently) and then make a send sms to number shortcut somewhere so you can get the system to prompt you for what you want to open it with ;-) select hangouts and tell it not to ask again.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Well, you prolly just have to applications and clear defaults on the stock messaging app (or whatever other app you sms with currently) and then make a send sms to number shortcut somewhere so you can get the system to prompt you for what you want to open it with ;-) select hangouts and tell it not to ask again.

i got SUPER excited -- i thought i had the gold due to this excellent suggestion!

messaging widget still opens the stock SMS app :eek: i really like hangouts but i really need the messaging widget to open it haha. i installed 8sms earlier today and THAT works with the widget... i think its a permissions thing with the app.

bofis

Reaction score
Hmm, well you are rooted, if you have the full version of Titanium Backup you could simply "Freeze" the stock Messaging app so it was disabled entirely and see if THEN the widget properly throws you to Hangouts...however, I'd have expected it to prompt you for what app should handle SMS once you cleared the defaults from the stock app. Especially since installing another SMS app did make the system ask you. I use Handcent SMS still and the old Talk app, but if I clear defaults or even update Handcent, the next time I click a "SMS to Contact" shortcut on my homescreen it asks what app to use the first time. Certainly try reinstalling Hangouts and also making sure it has handling of sms checked off too.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Hmm, well you are rooted, if you have the full version of Titanium Backup you could simply "Freeze" the stock Messaging app so it was disabled entirely and see if THEN the widget properly throws you to Hangouts...however, I'd have expected it to prompt you for what app should handle SMS once you cleared the defaults from the stock app. Especially since installing another SMS app did make the system ask you. I use Handcent SMS still and the old Talk app, but if I clear defaults or even update Handcent, the next time I click a "SMS to Contact" shortcut on my homescreen it asks what app to use the first time. Certainly try reinstalling Hangouts and also making sure it has handling of sms checked off too.

Thanks for the suggestions... still ultimately no dice. WidgetLocker sees 'app not installed' when you hit the SMS target and the widget won't launch Hangouts when you click on it. I'm thinking it has to be a permissions issue or something with the app itself; I tried freezing the stock app, uninstalling everything else, etc. Maybe they'll fix it in an update... because according to Apps, it is the default SMS handler... but nothing else can see it :-/

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

bofis

Reaction score
So just thinking ahead to CM11 on our phones, does anyone know where the default system theme is saved or where that can be found? I'm hoping that on CM11 you could install the ICS/JB theme to get back colored notification bar icons/text and turn other white elements blue again. If not, hopefully someone makes a darker theme for CM11 later.

PJroast

Reaction score
I know theres some issues with MMS, as people can send with different apps even though the post says that was fixed. However, is anyone having issues with the Access Point Names (APN)? I tried to create/edit one to some settings I found for Verizon and that wont work. As in, none of my changes actually save when I hit save.