Not open for further replies.
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried a replacement car dock app? I like them better than stock...current fav is Custom Car Home.

I had not until you mentioned it and That is a perfect fix as long as there are no repercussions from just removing the stock car dock app?

You should not have to remove it...install the other, insert in dock, phone will ask you which you want to be default, select alternate car dock program and tap the set as default check box...voila.

That's what I just did and it worked. I copied cardock.apk to the system/app folder on phone, set the proper premissions, rebooted and it worked.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have cleaned up the installs for both versions and will have new ROMs posted some time on Friday. The clean ROM will have a much simpler install. I may write some scripts to help customize ROM more to each individuals liking. ADB will not be involved in either install...

If anyone with a corporate exchange account wants to test something for me then hit me up with a private message.

Thanks!

nuclearbier

Reaction score
Have you tried a replacement car dock app? I like them better than stock...current fav is Custom Car Home.

I had not until you mentioned it and That is a perfect fix as long as there are no repercussions from just removing the stock car dock app?

You should not have to remove it...install the other, insert in dock, phone will ask you which you want to be default, select alternate car dock program and tap the set as default check box...voila.

What I did was make a backup of carhomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk. Then I copied the carehomegoogle.apk and carhomelauncher.apk from the system dump and chose to overwrite the old files using root explorer in rw mode. I then rebooted and the car home icons in the app list are gone. I checked the permissions also and they match everything else in the system/app folder. Ill try actually docking it and see what happens. I then put my original files back and still no carhome in the app drawer. I really don't want to start over again since I just got everything set back up. I may just wait awhile.
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

imtheconvict

Reaction score
Motaboy some thing I've noticed if u look at startup apps and always running apps there are a few such as audio effect setting it does nothing stk.apk is for sim card there is also a global provising app I think moto may just be setting the rom for the release of the world version of are phone ..i removed stk without any as well as audioeffectsettings negative

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Motaboy some thing I've noticed if u look at startup apps and always running apps there are a few such as audio effect setting it does nothing stk.apk is for sim card there is also a global provising app I think moto may just be setting the rom for the release of the world version of are phone ..i removed stk without any as well as audioeffectsettings negative

Audio effects is like an eq for the music player so I left in. I kind of use it now and then. The other stuff not sure so I thought it was safe but if you want to remove then go ahead :)

---

I am uploading new ROMs with a much cleaner install now. So if you are going to download this ROM then wait a bit...

----

New ROMs have been posted in new thread. Install is much cleaner...Do not need to install if you are currently running this ROM.

Last edited:

wmnomore

Reaction score
How does this rom run? Is this quicker than stock?
wondering if i should root for this. thanks guys

imtheconvict

Reaction score
found alittle more lol... blurhome.apk still has the star wars backgrounds....what are you using to resign the apks?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
found alittle more lol... blurhome.apk still has the star wars backgrounds....what are you using to resign the apks?

Yes, I left those in for people who still may want that. I noticed a few different lines of code in the star wars blur home so I left that one in and changing all the wallpapers was too much work :)

APK_manager or just open the apk with winrar and make changes to it while it is open to not break the signature...

imtheconvict

Reaction score
doesnt signing have to do with file size/crc because that would break the sig regardless

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
doesnt signing have to do with file size/crc because that would break the sig regardless

If you use WinRAR to browse for the file and then open in it from WinRAR, drag and drop your changes into the apk when it is opened in WinRAR and then just close WinRAR to without selecting save it does not break the sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.