[ROM] 2.40 R2D2 Removed - Complete & Clean ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

imtheconvict

Reaction score
that worked thanks ill post if i find anything else as i edit this version away lol

bapperton

Reaction score
When I installed it today I got that duplicate text message thing going on. The stock messaging app and the D2's "Text Messaging" app both alert me to new texts.

Any fix for that?

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When I installed it today I got that duplicate text message thing going on. The stock messaging app and the D2's "Text Messaging" app both alert me to new texts.

Any fix for that?

Delete either mms.apk or converstations.apk from system/app on your phone. If you followed the instructions with the rm commands that should have not have happened.

rtfield

Reaction score
Works great but fm radio only plays out of right side and loud speaker don't work.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Works great but fm radio only plays out of right side and loud speaker don't work.

Thanks

It's a problem with the app itself.

How long should the first boot take? I been stuck on the "M" for more than 10 minutes?!?

Should not take that long. If it does not boot, pull the battery and place it back to see if it boots. Did you follow all the directions or did you install without wiping?

nuclearbier

Reaction score

Thanks

How long should the first boot take? I been stuck on the "M" for more than 10 minutes?!?

Should not take that long. If it does not boot, pull the battery and place it back to see if it boots. Did you follow all the directions or did you install without wiping?

I followed everything step by step rechecking each step. Pulling the battery did nothing. I just finished flashing back to stock using RSD Lite. Now I am going to do the 1click root and then try this update again. I still have a nandroid backup as well I can fall back to if necessary. I will post back in awhile to let you know if I have better luck the 2nd time through.

Thanks for replying!

pulptastic

Reaction score
Thank you Motoboy! I've been running the de-blurred version all day without issue (except for the default R2 notification, which scared the crap out of my dog lol).

None of the issues I had with 2.3.1.5 or with other deblurred roms (calendar issues, battery use).

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you Motoboy! I've been running the de-blurred version all day without issue (except for the default R2 notification, which scared the crap out of my dog lol).

None of the issues I had with 2.3.1.5 or with other deblurred roms (calendar issues, battery use).

Cool..Glad to hear.

--------------------------

For anyone looking for exchange suppor to the super clean build I just added a packge for it. It will install the vanilla android email and calander packages. I only tested it with google's exchange servers and everything appeared to be working correctly. I do not have a corp exchange service to test with so if you find any bugs with the vanilla clients and this ROM let me know.

Thanks!

nuclearbier

Reaction score

Thanks

I followed everything step by step rechecking each step. Pulling the battery did nothing. I just finished flashing back to stock using RSD Lite. Now I am going to do the 1click root and then try this update again. I still have a nandroid backup as well I can fall back to if necessary. I will post back in awhile to let you know if I have better luck the 2nd time through.

Thanks for replying!

Not sure what I missed last time through, but after using rsdlite to get me back to stock and re-rooting, I then followed your instructions again and everything seems to be working ok so far. I am now running the lite/blurless version.

Took awhile but I got there!

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what I missed last time through, but after using rsdlite to get me back to stock and re-rooting, I then followed your instructions again and everything seems to be working ok so far. I am now running the lite/blurless version.

The first time I loaded up the r2d2 ROM I forgot to mount the system after I wiped and it screwed up so I had to sbf too :)

nuclearbier

Reaction score

The first time I loaded up the r2d2 ROM I forgot to mount the system after I wiped and it screwed up so I had to sbf too :)

That may have been what I had done. I think after mounting system and "rm" the 2 directories I may have unmounted before running the update. All is well now but 3 things, one of which you already had a fix for.

1. I did have to do the market fix to be able to download Google Voice. Turns out I had 3 voice mails waiting since the phone had been down for so long.

2. Swipe is not an option under "Language & Keyboard". I was going to restore it via Titanium Backup but for some reason it was not backed up. While looking for it in Titanium Backup I noticed that it showed as installed on the system and when I selected it my only options were to freeze it uninstall it or backup. Any Ideas on this? This for me is a deal breaker. I will be forced flash back to stock, Root and restore my nandroid backup.

3. Not as big a deal but would be nice if the car dock still functioned normally. On my phone it's a little smaller than it used to be and also I no longer have an option to add a custom shortcut to the main screen of the car dock app. Maybe this is caused be the removal of the other Blur stuff. I don't know.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Especially the Swype Issue.

Thanks for your hard work!

imtheconvict

Reaction score
so some times not always when i click the battery to show whats using the most battery it force closes

Status
Not open for further replies.