[ROM] 2.40 R2D2 Removed - Complete & Clean ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks to My Doid World for releasing the R2-D2 2.40 ROM. It has a few bug fixes besides the Stars Wars additions. All Star Wars related items have been removed and replaced with D2 items. Star Wars sounds have been left in.

New ROMs are the way so I took the old ROMs down. They have much cleaner install. Current users do not need to upgrade...

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Themes, Tips & Tricks

Will place Themes, Tips & Tricks here.

Market fix on the way for those who need/want their paid apps to show up.

Black Status Bar (HTC) - ONLY FOR FULL ROM
Download from HERE
Place on SD Card
Boot into recovery
Mount system
Install zip file from SD Card
Select MotaBoy_Black_Bar_VZW_2.40.zip
Install and Reboot

Kill CP30 for contact with no picture in message App - ONLY FOR FULL ROM
Download HERE
Install from Recovery

Vanilla Android Theme - ONLY FOR SUPER CLEAN
Download HERE
Install from Recovery
This theme will make the icons on launcher return to Vanilla Android.

Exchange Support - ONLY FOR SUPERCLEAN
Download HERE
Install from Recovery

Last edited:

pathfin9

Reaction score
I know some people were having problems with swype working. Does it work on this one, or will we have to reinstall?

-John

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I know some people were having problems with swype working. Does it work on this one, or will we have to reinstall?

-John

It should work, it worked for me so I am guessing it should work for everyone.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice work, Motaboy... :D

One minor step you might want to add above for any noobs who would follow the steps very literally...connect Droid to PC via USB and set USB connection to PC Mode before starting ADB commands.

I'm going to put a link to this thread from Android Forums - folks over there will probably be happy to find this stuff is available. :)

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

One minor step you might want to add above for any noobs who would follow the steps very literally...connect Droid to PC via USB and set USB connection to PC Mode before starting ADB commands.

I'm going to put a link to this thread from Android Forums - folks over there will probably be happy to find this stuff is available. :)

Cool. You do not need to be in PC Mode since this is all done within Bootstrap :)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Cool. You do not need to be in PC Mode since this is all done within Bootstrap :)

Duh...see, people (i.e., me) just do not read what's right in front of them. :) So just the USB connect step...

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Duh...see, people (i.e., me) just do not read what's right in front of them. :) So just the USB connect step...

Well for the super clean install you do need to be in PC Mode...

For those who want the Black Status (HTC) Bar for the full version I should have it up soon.

If your paid apps are not showing up in market. You can edit the build.prop file in system/app

replace this
Code:
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=cdma_droid2-user 2.2 VZW 2.4.0 ota-rel-keys,release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/droid2_vzw/cdma_droid2/droid2:2.2/VZW/24.0:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys

With the lines from the original D2 build.prop. I do not have that file here to paste the correct lines :)

Or

Youc can wait for Friday when the R2D2 is released and the market should be updated then for that device...

imtheconvict

Reaction score
ok so i just loaded this up i didnt delete data and it works fine. shows system version 2.4 my wifi issue instantly goes away swype still works fine and all my apps txt and data are still there i recommend this update for everyone

Edit: I did lose root access but i just went and they have a 1 click root now so simple dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ok so i just loaded this up i didnt delete data and it works fine. shows system version 2.4 my wifi issue instantly goes away swype still works fine and all my apps txt and data are still there i recommend this update for everyone

Edit: I did lose root access but i just went and they have a 1 click root now so simple dancedroid

Did you try to install Superuser from market before you rooted again? All you have to do is install superuser from market and you should have root.

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Has anybody had time to test if the battery life is any better on this release as opposed to 2.2.20. Thanks.

imtheconvict

Reaction score
i didnt even know about super user in the market oh well i already rooted so i cant test lol and quie2droid this rom/update has only been around for about 5 hours so no there is no way to tell yet i can say that the clock is moved on the lock screen and the notification pull down is transparent and wifi works like it should other than that havent seen any differences yet

Edit: c3p0 is still shown in the texting app for contacts with no picture

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.