Rolled back to 2.1 from 2.2

cj1896

Reaction score
And couldn't be happier!

That test build was just too buggy and slow. The only thing I can say that I miss about it is the browser but I think I'll live. Half my news apps didn't work, it was force close city, the map update issues yesterday, and lastly the problems it caused with my recovery were enough to make me say I've had it.

I'm sure it isn't any of the dev's fault since they don't have the source yet. Hope there is a new leak (kind of like how fast we went from ere25 to ese53 to ese81) and that will give more stability to the platform.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
oh man it sounds like a bad flash possible I've been running froyo for a month now and haven't had a single FC

personally i would try another because froyo makes every 2.1 rom look and feel old and antiquated.

just look at the difference in speed.

1.jpg
2.jpg

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
I tried Bugless .1, .2, .2.1, Simply Stunning and Kangerade. They all were much slower and more buggy than the stable 2.1 release.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you wipe and basically start from scratch? and did you try some different kernels? i had to install a bunch of apps from scratch... backup/restores created some bugs (which makes sense)... it was a bit of a headache timewise, but like garrett, i've had zero issues and zero FCs

i guess it could depend on the apps, as well, but i have a pretty random variety

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried Bugless .1, .2, .2.1, Simply Stunning and Kangerade. They all were much slower and more buggy than the stable 2.1 release.

if you did wipe did you give it more then 5 or so min to allow it to finish the sync and download all your apps?

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
I wiped three times before each install. And when I started each time I would give it time to do the full app sync (would wait for the notification). I used the p3 kernels and the chevy kernels as well. I just find that 2.2 build to be laggy and buggy. Maybe it's just me but I tried everything to get it to work. It was slower in every facet of the system except the browser. Nothing is going to make the apps work as far as I know. 2.2 isn't even officially released for the N1 yet so most dev's apps with problems aren't allowing compatibility for it because they really don't have to.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Your experience is completely opposite of mine.

2.2 runs rings around 2.1 and every version of 2.1. Apps are more responsive, the phone is more responsive, everything functions with zero issues and no force closes.

I get the same battery life, I get faster system response/processing and I get new features (chrome2phone, flash, etc..).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put me in the category of not wanting to roll back. i'm a little upset about not being able to download the latest maps but overall Froyo is just plain better then stock 2.1.

I don't know how it compares with rooted 2.1. For me I like it better. Hopefully the apps will start building to 2.2, but probably not until there is an official release.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Same here, 2.2 is faster than any 2.1 that I used....

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

That is your problem... start with the "stock" (leak 2) Froyo 2.2 and get everything all sorted before jumping straight into custom ROMs, if you feel the need.

The Stock Froyo is as stable or even more so (and certainly way faster and more feature packed) then 2.1.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

That is your problem... start with the "stock" (leak 2) Froyo 2.2 and get everything all sorted before jumping straight into custom ROMs, if you feel the need.

The Stock Froyo is as stable or even more so (and certainly way faster and more feature packed) then 2.1.

THEN you can try 928's theme... which is one of the nicest out there imho (plug plug! ;))

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I put the first Froyo leak on and at first yeah it was laggy, but after it synced and I added a O/C Kernel it was faster than any 2.1 C/R I had ever tried, when I went to the BB 0.1, I just loaded it right on top of the first Froyo leak without wiping and BB 0.2 went over 0.1 no problems

Never looking back

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2.2 much faster than any 2.1 that i have tried.. market and news app a little frustratin but i can deal with it for now

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

THEN you can try 928's theme... which is one of the nicest out there imho (plug plug! ;))

+1 on 928 theme being the best out there... if only he would do a burnt orange color..hint hint

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

+1 on 928 theme being the best out there... if only he would do a burnt orange color..hint hint

what are you, a longhorn or something?!