Rolled back to 2.1 from 2.2

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Put me in the category of not wanting to roll back. i'm a little upset about not being able to download the latest maps but overall Froyo is just plain better then stock 2.1.

I don't know how it compares with rooted 2.1. For me I like it better. Hopefully the apps will start building to 2.2, but probably not until there is an official release.

heres a fix to be able to download the latest maps for froyo....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...63-google-maps-4-3-fix-droid-froyo-users.html

dmartins

Reaction score
I'm using the stock 2.1 with chevy's ULV kernel.
I have it set to 550MHz Max.
I am having no lag issues or FCs.
I would say it could be the voltage of the kernel.
It could also be how high you overclocked it.
Try installing one app at a time to see if it could be an app.

Reaction score
I installed the first leaked Froyo the day it came out, then the 2nd leaked version the same day. I came from Cyanogenmod 5.0.7.1 and didn't wipe data or cache at all. It ran slow until all apps were reinstalled from the Market. I restored the data of some apps using Titanium Backup. I'm using the ADW Launcher and running the 3rd beta of Adobe Flash. I'm overclocked to 800mhz using SetCPU. I never had the Market problems that many people reported. I did have trouble with the Google Maps update, but after trying the fix on droid-life.com I was able to install the update and all is well.

I haven't had an FC or random reboot since I first installed Froyo. My current uptime is 10 days, 22 hrs (uptime widget) and it's running smoother and faster than it ever has. I will never go back to 2.1. It's like a whole new phone.

modified

Reaction score
I tried 2.2 and reverted back to 2.1 myself. Currently running 2.1 BB 1GHZ with launcher pro and could not be happier with its speed. That said, I do miss the flash.

Since 2.2 is officially out I expect to go back to 2.2 whenever a 100% stable ROM is out.

P.S

I ran benchmarks on 2.2 and 2.1. Even though 2.2 pushed out a score almost twice as high as 2.1, it was not as fast. I guess what i'm trying to say is that quadrant scores don't mean everything/ :)

OP
cj1896

cj1896

Reaction score
Kind of ironic that I make this post this morning and the source is out this afternoon. Hopefully there will be a 2.2 from source soon that gives me a little more stability.

+1 on missing flash.