Rokr s9-hd

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9-hd

Well, maybe the work "taking" was a bit harsh. Borrowing may be a better choice of words :). Luckily he hasn't quite figured out the beauty of blue tooth and has said he's happy using the ear buds that came with his ipod touch, and is happy to "lend" them to me...Course it also "cost" me another 1/2 hour of weekly time on the xbox until they are returned!

sockmess

Reaction score
Well since there is a thread, i might as well place my faults with the S9-HD paired with my droid
The droid is unrooted, not yet updated to 2.1 or is it called 2.0.1? whatever, and bluetooth enabled and all that jazz. The headset, is the S9-HD.

All the buttons do not work for it, but my biggest issue, is that at random times, the headsets beeps when in use. And the beeping is only stopped when i push the lower volume button, that will be on the left side. If this probably happens during a call however, instead of only just beeping, it will lower or raise volume until i push the volume button for it stop doing it automatically. Of course give it a few minutes or seconds and it will start up again.

Now please don't tell me i'm the only one with this issue?

Riggs_ad

Reaction score
I use the S9-HD headphones and they work fine with my media player and phone. Never had any problems with phone calls at all on them. I have noticed through that not all media apps can be controlled by the track << and >> buttons or play/pause. I use the Meridian media player and it works fine with the headset but many of the ones I tried before finding Meridian couldn't be controlled.
Though once when I got in my car my phone paired its media with the car but left the phone paired with the headset and I had to manually disconnect and reconnect to get both functions to pair with the car could something like that be happening for you? the droid is not pairing the phone with the headset but is pairing the media service?

As for the problem Sockmess is having with the headset beeping and raising or lowering the volume, that sounds almost like a stuck volume button since it is corrected by pressing the button again.

hophead

Reaction score
I just paired my s9 with my Droid. It seems to work well for both phone and music. I didn't do anything special, just paired it once and both worked. The person on the other end of the phone call says the sound sucks, but I only tried it with one call, so I don't know if she was being picky or if it really is bad.

sockmess

Reaction score
As for the problem Sockmess is having with the headset beeping and raising or lowering the volume, that sounds almost like a stuck volume button since it is corrected by pressing the button again.

I wish I could say the volume control was stuck, but that is not the case. The "automatic volume feature" is not constant. . Most times I can get 20 minutes without a problem and then the beeps start. I disconnect reconnect even got prompted to enter the numbers to pair this with the droid.

sockmess

Reaction score
okay the problem just went from annoying bad, to i want to destroy this headset.

Now its almost constantly and withing 4 seconds of connection it beeps. volume up does not work, volume down works, and still the right side buttons have no real function. I push them and it either plays the notification sound im using or another notification sound i used before. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting so i can get a password prompt, but it doesn't happen. It just connects to phone and media.

Anyway i can get some assist here?

amb4582

Reaction score
okay the problem just went from annoying bad, to i want to destroy this headset.

Now its almost constantly and withing 4 seconds of connection it beeps. volume up does not work, volume down works, and still the right side buttons have no real function. I push them and it either plays the notification sound im using or another notification sound i used before. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting so i can get a password prompt, but it doesn't happen. It just connects to phone and media.

Anyway i can get some assist here?

Based on what others are saying, and their positive experience, you have a defective pair of headphones. Return them to the manufacturer if you are still within your warranty. If not, it may be time to purchase another headset (either another S9-HD or a compeletely different set).

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9 to 305's

you know, for my untrained ear, I'd say they both have the same sound qualities. If I was choosing, I guess it would be more about what felt best. Both are comfotable...so for me it just comes down to liking ear buds more that ear muffs.

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
You're headset sounds even more defective than the ones I sent back. Have you tired clearing the paring in the Headphones too? I don't have my manual in hand, but there was a long hold on one of the buttons to remove its paring history too.

OP
S

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
S9-HD - refurbished results

Well my returned headset arrived today. Turned them on, they paired and EVERYTHING works! EVERYTHING...and the best part is it wasn't an operator error. Now I don't have to change my forum name. Whew.

sockmess

Reaction score
Well my returned headset arrived today. Turned them on, they paired and EVERYTHING works! EVERYTHING...and the best part is it wasn't an operator error. Now I don't have to change my forum name. Whew.

I think i might have to do that as well. Cause this thing is possessed. Right now its working almost perfectly. Took a long time for it to connect to the phone features, but it connected to the media features in a second. Probably starting acting weird when i used it during my workouts. I'll find out soon enough. Weird though on the box it says works great with iphone... come on... that just an insult.

sockmess

Reaction score
I'm bringing this old thread back to life. Of course, i got a new headset form motorolla. And its all cool. No beeps ever, but the new one mic must be damaged because no one hears me and i tested with the old one again. And the mic works for that one. Damn it why can't i get one that just 100%? I guess I'm going to have to carry around both headsets until i find a better bluetooth headset or maybe even go wired.

bad4u

Reaction score
Eh, if your bringing it back then I dont feel so bad about posting.

To everyone that loves this head set.

1. do you every hear your notification sounds through the headset? email, txt, etc.

2. If you run, does it skip while running?

nilax2

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was having the same problem with my S9-HD's that a lot of you were having. When I first got the phone, I paired the headset to my phone and all buttons worked, sounded great. Then I installed MixZing and tried to use my headset on the original music player.....the skip buttons didn't work, nor did the pause/play button. After reading these posts, I was starting to worry that I had a defective headset, however just for grins I went back into MixZing to see if the buttons would work there. They do. So my question is how many people who are having this button issue have multiple music players on their Droid...i.e. the original music player and something like MixZing?