Rocketfish case vs ebay case

Reaction score
I do wish it was more fitted around the speaker and mic but sold nonetheless.

Yea. I think the ebay one is. I bought this one site unseen. But for $3 it works for now. As a matter of fact, I'm not worried about getting anything else right away. I kind of dig it.

PrinceNubian

Reaction score

Ended up breaking the bank with two cases and a car charger. Came up to 21 bucks. When I get my tax returns I think i'll splurge for the windshield mount

:icon_ banana: dancedroid

Bxrider117

Reaction score
FYI,

I ordered the case from Amazon for $.02 and I have one from eBay for $5. Both cases are good, however neither fit snug with the extended battery. The fit perfectly without the battery door for the extended battery, but I am skeptical about carrying my phone without the battery cover. Other wise they are good cases.

PrinceNubian

Reaction score

Ended up breaking the bank with two cases and a car charger. Came up to 21 bucks. When I get my tax returns I think i'll splurge for the windshield mount

It's only right that since I found the original info here, I let u guys find out the results of my search which i'll also put up on the main page.
Had nekkid DX for about a month, dropped it getting out of my car and decided I needed a protective case.

Thanks to Saurus and BrownstotheBone, i narrowed it down to the rubberized hard case from Amazon.Went for the orange case from one dealer who u'll find below.
At first look the orange was not a bright orange but more of a rustic orange which was a plus. The feel of the case was similar to that suede type feel of the OEM DX.
To one responder, no lint from the pocket on the case.

Didn't like the case from BrownstotheBone because of the big cutout for the speaker, but this case actually has separate cuts for the speaker and the mic.
Put on the DX and the first thing that you notice is the negligible size and
weight that it adds to the DX and the tight fit. In and out of the pocket and there is no perception of the added case.
Best part was the price. $2.76 + $2.98 S&H = $5.74.

Case comes in black or orange and is much cheaper now. Check the link below. I may order another one or two for safekeeping.

h t t p://www.amazon com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_4_1?rh=n%3A301188%2Cp_4%3ACase-Mate&bbn=301188&ie=UTF8&qid=1286156204&rnid=404921 011

Sorry but u'll need to cop and paste remove http spaces and add dot to dot com.

daniel4ever

Reaction score

It's only right that since I found the original info here, I let u guys find out the results of my search which i'll also put up on the main page.
Had nekkid DX for about a month, dropped it getting out of my car and decided I needed a protective case.

Thanks to Saurus and BrownstotheBone, i narrowed it down to the rubberized hard case from Amazon.Went for the orange case from one dealer who u'll find below.
At first look the orange was not a bright orange but more of a rustic orange which was a plus. The feel of the case was similar to that suede type feel of the OEM DX.

Didn't like the case from BrownstotheBone because of the big cutout for the speaker, but this case actually has separate cuts for the speaker and the mic.
weight that it adds to the DX and the tight fit. In and out of the pocket and there is no perception of the added case.

Case comes in black or orange and is much cheaper now. Check the link below. I may order another one or two for safekeeping.

h t t p://www.amazon com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_4_1?rh=n%3A301188%2Cp_4%3ACase-Mate&bbn=301188&ie=UTF8&qid=1286156204&rnid=404921 011

I could not find it - that link takes me to multiple pages, of mostly Apple skins. Can you please send the link for just the page featuring the item you bought? Thanks!

Reaction score

Yea. I found the one I got for .01 + shipping showing the cut out on the back. >>>

Amazon.com: Amzer Rubberized Snap On Case for Motorola Droid X MB810 - Black: Cell Phones & Service

I'm going to see how this one here is for .24 cents. Also picked up an HDMI cable while I was at it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003V7G37I/ref=oss_product

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UH0Z9Q/ref=oss_product

Last edited:

Rocko

Reaction score
So can someone 100% confirm the rubberized ebay case will not work with the extended battery and extended cover?