2x 1540mAh battery+dock AC charger for Motorola Droid X

nerdkill

Reaction score
ordered. i hope by the time it gets here there are some more reviews. i'd rather toss away a couple of 10 dollar batteries then screw something up.

bondsman

Reaction score
Read the full description.... Says the batteries are new generic motorola....

OP
wnrussell

wnrussell

Reaction score
how would it look shady for $75. The OEM batteries go for atleast $35 each and this includes 2 and a charger. OBV they arent OEM and so i'm saying it "looks" shady. all i want is some feedback. :icon_evil:
The batteries are about the same as OEM. I can't tell any difference. The charger is better than the Motorola battery only charger. It comes with a charge status light and a USB port.

billay12

Reaction score
I ordered mine from here
2x BATTERY+ Dock CHARGER FOR Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 120599049645 end time Aug-20-10 20:22:36 PDT)

They work great, but my Droid X shows they are low (in the red) in 4 hours. At first i was i was a little mad but 12 hours later it was in the same spot. The red light blinking all the time gets annoying fast tho. Im going to try charging the battery in the phone and see how that turns out.

Oh also shipping took about 2 weeks for mine to get here.

Hi, wondering if when you received that package, were the batteries BH5X with Motorola, and the Moto logo, (as shown in picture). If not please let me know....wondering if these are actual motorola batteries, and not knock-offs.

Thank you.

barski

Reaction score
I ordered mine from here
2x BATTERY+ Dock CHARGER FOR Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 120599049645 end time Aug-20-10 20:22:36 PDT)

They work great, but my Droid X shows they are low (in the red) in 4 hours. At first i was i was a little mad but 12 hours later it was in the same spot. The red light blinking all the time gets annoying fast tho. Im going to try charging the battery in the phone and see how that turns out.

Oh also shipping took about 2 weeks for mine to get here.

Hi, wondering if when you received that package, were the batteries BH5X with Motorola, and the Moto logo, (as shown in picture). If not please let me know....wondering if these are actual motorola batteries, and not knock-offs.

Thank you.

They are not Motorola batteries. They are white. They work just as good as the Motorola battery. I can't see spending 30+ dollars for 1 moto battery when i can get 2 for $10 plus a charger. I was a bit nervous at first thinking it could ruin my phone but some reviews came in and all worked fine, plus i got the insurance so if it did kill it i would get a new 1. :)

droidXdominator

Reaction score
I bought 2 sets of these. Okay for spares, but the incorrect battery indication can be annoying.

tam5070

Reaction score
How long did your orders take to ship? I purchased mine early last week and get antsy waiting for deliveries (since my apartment building locks and FedEx/UPS/Etc. rarely get in the door).

barski

Reaction score
How long did your orders take to ship? I purchased mine early last week and get antsy waiting for deliveries (since my apartment building locks and FedEx/UPS/Etc. rarely get in the door).

Mine took about 2-3 weeks to receive, no tracking notifications either:mad:

jk12

Reaction score
I've been using these batteries with my DX. I used on 2.1 and now 2.2. The battery indicator is extremely inaccurate in both OS versions. For example, it shows 10% remaining in only a few hours...but, the battery keeps on going for several more hours. My guess is it's more like 60% instead of 10%.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Just got mine. These things are terrible quality. Not that I'm too disappointed for 10 dollars. Didn't install very well and the cover came apart on one. Haven't tried the other one yet.

billay12

Reaction score
After using my Droid X for about a week, I feel as if I don't need one of these....

I have my battery setting to Maximize battery life, turning 3G off after 15 minutes..and disabling background data while I'm in school. My last charge was 1 day, 14 hours and 52 minutes...preeetttyyy damn good. && I was on the phone for 1 hour 15 minutes of that. Sent about 200 texts in that whole period....loving this DX over my D1..

Reaction score
I ordered the same ones that were in the OP. They got here the day before yesterday, spent one day charging them both (not because they take that long to charge, just because I would put one in and forget about it till later), and have been using one of them today. I'd like to say they are similar to the factory battery, but I cant, cause I dont know. I've made it through an entire day, but I have no idea how much life is left because the phone knows it's not a Moto battery and the widgets wont give any info on the battery status. The battery icon in the notification bar just has a question mark. When I plug it into my laptop I get this message " Your device battery is invalid and cannot be charged. Replace the battery with an original Motorola battery." What does removing/renaming the batterystats.bin file accomplish? Will it alter how the phone acts with the stock battery?

I really like the charger, and the quality of the batteries (at least in appearance) seem to be as good as the Moto battery. The one battery I have tried so far lasted all day, so thats a good sign as well. The charger has a USB out so you can plug the factory USB cable into it and charge one battery while you're charging your phone, and the charger is small as well, so it wouldnt be any more difficult to travel with than the factory AC adapter. The charge indicator light is also very easy to see, it runs all the way across the bottom of the charger and is red when charging and changes to blue when fully charged.
Overall I would give it an exceptionally high rating, especially considering it was only 10 bux, I would just like to have a working battery meter with them.

Edit: I searched the /system with RootExplorer for anything containing the word battery and the only results were BatteryManager.apk, BatteryReport.apk, and the audio file for the low battery warning. I cant find a batterystats.bin or a batteryinfo.bin in the system folder. Any help here?

Last edited: