Rock and Roll Trivia

Both of those questions are out of my knowledge range. But I'll bet that was a hell of a moment.

Lets try one that might be a bit easier. When Journey first made it big with Infinity they actually had two lead singers. Everyone knows Steve Perry, but the other lead singer was a keyboard player. This keyboard player was also a member of Santana and sang such hits as Black Magic Woman.

What is the name of this singer/keyboard player?

Great question; I love both Journey and Santana... but this one escapes me :(

OK, no answer on my question. The answer for who sang for both Santana and Journey is Greg Rolle and I may have misspelled his last name. He had another band that had a hit in Los Angeles anyway, but I'd have to use Wikipedia to find the name of that one out.

DessoThumbs, give up your answer and lets get another question.

OK, no answer on my question. The answer for who sang for both Santana and Journey is Greg Rolle and I may have misspelled his last name. He had another band that had a hit in Los Angeles anyway, but I'd have to use Wikipedia to find the name of that one out.

DessoThumbs, give up your answer and lets get another question.

Sorry, meant to do that, but got lost in my work. (hate it when that happens!)

1 - Eddie Vedder (Hard Son - not his lyrics - is an awesome song) did the soundtrack for Sean Penn's Into The Wild.

2 - Oct 20, 1987 - I saw them in B'ham (they love the gov'ner). Oct 20, 1977 a freebird was forever grounded. :(

Last edited:
1) Who is the better singer for Van Halen, Diamond Dave or Hagar?
j/k that's subjective :)

2) - real question - Duane Allman was known for his temendous _____ guitar work (fill in the blank).

3) - real question - What band did a cover of "Dreams" aka "Dreams I'll Never See" by the Allman Brothers, on their debut album?

2) - real question - Duane Allman was known for his temendous blues guitar work (fill in the blank).

On your just kidding thing and I know this was talked about earlier in another thread but I really liked Sammy Hagar with Van Halen. And I really liked Diamond Dave too. But I heard Sammy sing the songs Dave sung, and he did them really, really well. I kind of wonder how Dave would do singing the VH songs that Sammy sung?

2) - real question - Duane Allman was known for his temendous blues guitar work (fill in the blank).

On your just kidding thing and I know this was talked about earlier in another thread but I really liked Sammy Hagar with Van Halen. And I really liked Diamond Dave too. But I heard Sammy sing the songs Dave sung, and he did them really, really well. I kind of wonder how Dave would do singing the VH songs that Sammy sung?

I like Diamond Dave better :)
I was looking for SLIDE guitar, but BLUES works just as well.
Number 3 is MOLLY HATCHET. Dreams, Bounty Hunter and Gator Country all off of their first album, ROCKS!

The artist that wrote, played and sang hits such as "Mandy", "Copa Cabana" and "I Write the Songs" originally played the piano in the band fronted by female singer, _________?

bonus points: name him.

(not really rock and a little too pop for a lotta people)

I dont really care for their music, and I wouldnt call it rock and roll, but here's two from my past.

What city/town spawned Dave Matthews Band?

And for the bonus, what was the name of the venue they often played?

The artist that wrote, played and sang hits such as "Mandy", "Copa Cabana" and "I Write the Songs" originally played the piano in the band fronted by female singer, _________?

Barry Manillow for the bonus points, but no answer to the actual question.

I dont really care for their music, and I wouldnt call it rock and roll, but here's two from my past.

What city/town spawned Dave Matthews Band?

And for the bonus, what was the name of the venue they often played?

Not much of a Dave Matthews Band fan, either (my daughter really likes him, though)... but I like his violin player's style.
No idea about the city / venue.

Dave Mathews isn't bad, I don't see why there is such a big deal about him though. I wouldn't have any idea where he was from.

I heard a good one yesterday. There are only two artists that have had #1 albums that were replaced in the #1 spot by another one of their albums. One of them is The Beatles. Name the other one.

Here's a huge clue. It was a duo.

Dave Mathews isn't bad, I don't see why there is such a big deal about him though. I wouldn't have any idea where he was from.

My wife chimed in that he's from South Africa. Can anyone confirm this? If so, +1 for her.

I heard a good one yesterday. There are only two artists that have had #1 albums that were replaced in the #1 spot by another one of their albums. One of them is The Beatles. Name the other one.

Here's a huge clue. It was a duo.

My SWAG would be, Simon and Garfinkle.

Female singer that fronted a band whose piano player was Barry Mannilow: Bette Midler.

footnote: I saw a video of her doing a cover of the Stones "Beast of Burden" that was sexy as all get out!

Back