Rock and Roll Trivia

OK, I got a real hard one here for you.

In 1972 Dan Fogelberg released the Album "Souvenirs." Who produced that album?

Now I'll bet some of you may not even know who Dan Fogelberg was, I believe he has passed away but he was an excellent singer songwriter.

Since this is a real tough question I'm going to give a clue. In his biggest hit, "Face the Fire" the producer of Souvenirs played lead guitar on that song. If nobody gets it, I'll give another clue.
Tim Weissberg?

Now I'll bet some of you may not even know who Dan Fogelberg was, I believe he has passed away but he was an excellent singer songwriter.

Since this is a real tough question I'm going to give a clue. In his biggest hit, "Face the Fire" the producer of Souvenirs played lead guitar on that song. If nobody gets it, I'll give another clue.
Tim Weissberg?
Didn't they have a collabotation titled "Twin Sons of Different Mothers"?

What group did guitarit/singer for Styx, Tommy Shaw and Ted Nugent have for a while?
Now this is TOOO easy!

Tim Weissberg?
Didn't they have a collabotation titled "Twin Sons of Different Mothers"?

Yeah, Fogelberg and Weissberg did have a collaboration. This was long before that. And Weissberg was a flute player, not a guitarist.

OK, I'll give you a hint. This person has already been a topic of discussion earlier in this thread.

I'll ask an easy one from my era. What group featured members of Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Mother Love Bone?

I'll ask an easy one from my era. What group featured members of Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Mother Love Bone?

Temple of the Dog? Wasn't there like one hit song "I'm going hungry"?

Correct. There was another pretty big hit, "Say Hello To Heaven". It was actually a pretty good album.

Forgot about that one, good song! I kinda like the thought of Eddie and Chris as lead singers, Eddie can get that blues sound and Chris can belt!!! Good Stuff!!!

Nobody got the answer for my Dan Fogelberg question. The answer was Joe Walsh.

tryin' to keep an awesome thread alive. Come on rock n roll droidsters!!

Who did the soundtrack for the movie "Into the Wild"? (I know, a repeat - but not answered yet)

next question:
I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in Birmingham exactly 10 years to the day after their plane crashed. Best concert ever! No one sat down for a minute during the whole show. For their encore, Johnny Van Zant (Ronnie's brother) stepped up to the mic and said, "No one could sing this like my brother..." he then placed Ronnie's hat on the mic stand, the spotlight shined on it and they eased into an instrumental version of Freebird. Man, I tell ya the crowd was so choked up they could barely sing that Southern Rock Anthem.
Anyway for the trivia - What day/date did I see them in concert?

tryin' to keep an awesome thread alive. Come on rock n roll droidsters!!

Who did the soundtrack for the movie "Into the Wild"? (I know, a repeat - but not answered yet)

next question:
I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in Birmingham exactly 10 years to the day after their plane crashed. Best concert ever! No one sat down for a minute during the whole show. For their encore, Johnny Van Zant (Ronnie's brother) stepped up to the mic and said, "No one could sing this like my brother..." he then placed Ronnie's hat on the mic stand, the spotlight shined on it and they eased into an instrumental version of Freebird. Man, I tell ya the crowd was so choked up they could barely sing that Southern Rock Anthem.
Anyway for the trivia - What day/date did I see them in concert?

Both of those questions are out of my knowledge range. But I'll bet that was a hell of a moment.

Lets try one that might be a bit easier. When Journey first made it big with Infinity they actually had two lead singers. Everyone knows Steve Perry, but the other lead singer was a keyboard player. This keyboard player was also a member of Santana and sang such hits as Black Magic Woman.

What is the name of this singer/keyboard player?

Back