Ringtones/Alarm sounds

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
i have the Maxx after Verizon said there were issues with my Razr Maxx HD. So far I really like it. But have a couple questions. All my songs from the old phone are in the new one but how can I use them for my ringtones and alarm sound? The old phone had a file cabinet and I got from them. I tried to hook into my IBook but don't have current software, (old laptop) so the program won't work. Any help?

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Droid Maxx does not have a native file app like previous Droid's did (if I remember right it was called "Files" or something similar). I use ES File Explorer on my Droid Maxx and my wife's Moto X. It's free on the Play Store and has a lot of great reviews. Whatever file app you do end up with, ringtones need to be moved to the "Ringtones" folder on your phone. And other notification files need to be moved to the "Notification" folder. Once they are in those folders you should be able to select them as a custom ringtone or notification sound.

OP
borregolinda

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
The Droid Maxx does not have a native file app like previous Droid's did (if I remember right it was called "Files" or something similar). I use ES File Explorer on my Droid Maxx and my wife's Moto X. It's free on the Play Store and has a lot of great reviews. Whatever file app you do end up with, ringtones need to be moved to the "Ringtones" folder on your phone. And other notification files need to be moved to the "Notification" folder. Once they are in those folders you should be able to select them as a custom ringtone or notification sound.

That worked! Thanks!