How to drop in alarm, ringtone, and notification sounds

willyk007

Reaction score
My last phone was a Motorola Droid (1) and when I wanted to get new ringtone, notification, and alarm sounds all I had to do was create a folder called "media" and then subsequent folders for each different sound category. I tried directly copying this folder from my old Droid to my Bionic and it works exactly the same. I just figured I would pass said information along for everyone to have at the ready if this is your first Android phone.

Step 1:

Plug in your phone to your computuer

Step 2:

Create a folder in the main directory titled "Media"

Step 3:

Create the following subfolders in the "Media" directory:
"Alarms"
"Notifications"
"Ringtones"

Step 4:

Create or place any sound files in their respective folders to have them at the ready for your phone. You can use a program like RingDroid on the phone itself to create tones of Audacity to cut music on your computer.

Note: if you want a file to be available for a ringtone AND an alarm, it must be located in BOTH folders.

Cheers

mach330

Reaction score
i don't think this is true anymore since the D1 days. Well, at least you don't need to create the folder MEDIA. I just created the subfolders (like with my dinc and now bionic) and it works.

OP
willyk007

willyk007

Reaction score
Or you could just put your phone into Windows Sync mode :)

mcrakin

Reaction score
so I am trying to get a Final Fantasy 7 sound for my notification I found one and I put it into my phone it shows up as a ringtone but not a notification? what do I do