Ringtone/notification question

Tinarn23

Reaction score
I love my new Droid 3 phone but have found one little glitch that bothers me. It is great that I can use any song on my simcard as a ringtone but when I get a call or text message the song keeps playing until I get out the phone and address the message. If Im busy id like to ignore the notification without removing the phone from my pocket. My old phone, a samsung alias 2 allowed me to just push the volume button to stop the ringtone. I've solved this problem on the droid for calls by using the acessibility option of end call with power button but can't figure out how to silence the ringtone on a text without taking the phone out unlocking it then tapping the message icon..any ideas (shortcut or quick key settings) on how I can shut this thing up one handed when I need to?

Dmw017

Reaction score
you're going to need a strong pimp hand in order to shut it up

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I've had no issue silencing with the volume rocker. Maybe you're just not pressing it hard enough.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Ragnell

Reaction score
I've had no issue silencing with the volume rocker. Maybe you're just not pressing it hard enough.

This, I've accidentally pressed the volume rocker and it silenced, not sure what you're doing

OP
T

Tinarn23

Reaction score
So it should work..everytime I've tried it it doesn't silence. Maybe I need to hold it longer or something.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
So it should work..everytime I've tried it it doesn't silence. Maybe I need to hold it longer or something.

It could be an issue with the built-in system for setting songs as ringtones. I use an App called Ringdroid that lets me make custom ringtones. Maybe give that a try if hitting the volume rocker doesn't work you.

OP
T

Tinarn23

Reaction score
It could be an issue with the built-in system for setting songs as ringtones. I use an App called Ringdroid that lets me make custom ringtones. Maybe give that a try if hitting the volume rocker doesn't work you.

Thanks..the rocker does work to turn the volume to nil when done carefully. I tried that app and it limits the song time nicely, but sofar I can only get the product to go to the call ringtone screen not the text or calendar tone list.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Thanks..the rocker does work to turn the volume to nil when done carefully. I tried that app and it limits the song time nicely, but sofar I can only get the product to go to the call ringtone screen not the text or calendar tone list.
When you save a new clip, it should give you the option to save it as a Ringtone, Notification, or Alarm. To use it for text/calender/etc, save it as a Notification.

OP
T

Tinarn23

Reaction score
DiDidnt see the dropdown for that at first. Found it now..thanks I think my problem may be solved.