Ringtone help....

myersk27

Reaction score
new to the boards and to my ally, so appreciate anyone able to help out here.

i create phone ringtones using Tonethis.com and send them to my phone. I am able to save the files on my phone and am able to use the ringtones as a default ringtone. I am not able to use them as a custom ringtone for a specific contact. I have connected my phone to the computer to see if i can move the file somewhere so that i can use the tone as a custom tone for a specific contact...but i can't figure out where to move the file to make this happen......thoughts?

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
new to the boards and to my ally, so appreciate anyone able to help out here.

i create phone ringtones using Tonethis.com and send them to my phone. I am able to save the files on my phone and am able to use the ringtones as a default ringtone. I am not able to use them as a custom ringtone for a specific contact. I have connected my phone to the computer to see if i can move the file somewhere so that i can use the tone as a custom tone for a specific contact...but i can't figure out where to move the file to make this happen......thoughts?

Believe if you make a folder in your sd card that says "ringtones" and put any mp3 file in there than you can use it for a specific contact, hope this helps.

OP
M

myersk27

Reaction score
thanks for the tip! i will try that out.....

OP
M

myersk27

Reaction score
worked like a charm!! thanks for the help!! much appreciated.....

OP
M

myersk27

Reaction score
Open up a contact, hit the menu button, go to options. Set their ringtone.... done.

for me, i created a ringtone using a computer program and sent it my phone...i had to save the file on my sd card, download astro file manager from the market, connect the phone to my computer, created a folder named "ringtones" then moved all the created ringtone files to that folder.....when that was done, i was able to get my created ringtones as options for contacts...

chunter

Reaction score
When I click on the menu, I don't see "options". I only see "Edit, Delete, Link Contact, Invite to and share name card..

ChugIt

Reaction score
I had been up for a long time when I replied to this thread and didn't realize it was for LG Ally. The method I posted works on Droid. I apologize for the misinformation. Please use other people's advice for this. Sorry....