contact ringtone problem

Droid4974

Reaction score
I have a custom ringtone that I set for a contact but it still rings the default tone.

I can set this ringtone as the default and it works fine but when I set it for a contact it rings the default. The custom tone is displayed in the contact.

What am I missing?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Mine does this once in a while when I change the default ringtone after I set the individual contact. I just go back into the contact to confirm the ringtone hasn't been changed over and once I do that, it works fine.

jontom0

Reaction score
My phone will not allow the ringtone for a contact to change.
It will allow me to select a ringtone for a contact, but when I press OK, it stays as default.

Tony09

Reaction score
I have a custom ringtone that I set for a contact but it still rings the default tone.

I can set this ringtone as the default and it works fine but when I set it for a contact it rings the default. The custom tone is displayed in the contact.

What am I missing?

I'm having the same issue. The default ringtone sounds instead of the custom. Could this be related to Helix somehow??

Reaction score
happens to me when my phone is idle/the screen is off. if my screen is on it the proper ringtone plays. I also have helix launcher

Tony09

Reaction score

What am I missing?

I'm having the same issue. The default ringtone sounds instead of the custom. Could this be related to Helix somehow??

Now it's working again. It's a hit and miss.

long john

Reaction score
Are you guys all on CM, by any chance? I had CM 5.0.6.2, and had the same problem. Went back to stock, unroot, and the problem went away...re-rooted and went to BB 1.0; still no problem...updated to BB 1.1; still no problem. Wondering if it might be an issue with the ROM?

Just my 2p.

Nidisa

Reaction score
I have this problem, and it happens across several launchers: Home++, Sweeterhome, LauncherPro, etc....

Truly, since 2.1 update, I've had all kinds of non-reproducable, repeating, inconsistent issues. It's making me very nervous that this phone has a shelf life of about 8 months.

timmy

Reaction score
I've had this issue as well, and it also occurs inconsistently. I am running Helix 1, and have heard that can be the cause of the issue. Sometimes my contact specific ringtones don't play, and also it takes a few seconds for the caller ID name and picture to show up when my phone rings.

I don't worry too much about it, for it is just a small issue. A bit annoying, not the end of the world for me :)

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with my contact assigned ringtones not working and chalked it up to the 2.1 update. Well, last week I manually updated to 2.2. (on a non-rooted D1) and the same thing is still happening. No matter what ringtone I assign to a contact the global default ringtone rings when that contact calls.

I did some searches for other threads on this and could find one so I thought I'd reply to this thread in the hopes that someone who is experiencing the same problem has figured out what's going on.

Thanks,

-Gary