Ringer not Ringing

jayreichbaum

Reaction score
This problem just started today. When I receive an incoming call, the phone vibrates only. I made sure the volume control is up. I have tried numerous ringtones but to no avail. If I go to Caller ID Readout under the Call Settings section, The phone will identify the name of the caller but then vibrates, no ringtone. I've tried just using the standard Droid ringtones instead of the downloaded ringtones that are on the phone. NO LUCK. Anyone have any ideas? If I have to do a hard reset, I guess that will be my only option. I already tried taking the battery out several times, and that didn't work. Please Help.

mamawm

Reaction score
is it possible that somehow the setting could have been changed to vibrate only? i have accidentally changed settings a time or two.

OP
J

jayreichbaum

Reaction score
No. I had gone through every conceivable setting. Did soft resets a few times by taking out battery and then replacing. Called Verizon and their great technical service (REALLY IS) best out of all carriers and after trying *228 and re activating we determined the best course of action was to do a hard reset. It fixed the problem as well as fixing an intermittent problem with viewing videos.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OP
J

jayreichbaum

Reaction score
Welcome to droidforums Jay...moving the thread to the tech issues sub froum.
I noticed that my previous phone, the Blackberry Storm shows up as my phone under my member #. I have the Droid X. How can I change that?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Click on the user CP tab at the top of this page. It will take you to page. On the left click edit your details and a new page will open scroll down current phone model