Ring tones

Suuperflie

Reaction score
If you're rooted, you have to move the media file to system/media/ringtones. If the file doesn't show up you may need to change the extension from .mp3 to .ogg, then reboot before it shows up in your ringtone list in your settings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

SkriptAsylum

Reaction score
The above all work [as apps], but if you're referring to the built-in option for selecting a song saved to your SD card etc, System Settings > Sounds> Phone Ringtone. I have HandsentSMS as the default app to search and manage this for me but 'Android System' works fine too.

angelbowler

Reaction score
The above all work [as apps], but if you're referring to the built-in option for selecting a song saved to your SD card etc, System Settings > Sounds> Phone Ringtone. I have HandsentSMS as the default app to search and manage this for me but 'Android System' works fine too.

I don't have the option to use songs on my SD card just the ones that came on the phone. Used to do it through the Music folder but JB took that folder away..not happy about that folder being gone. No place to save songs either. Can only play them from the SD through files.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
On the S3, if you long press a song in your playlist, it will give you an option to set it as ringtone, and I'm pretty sure it was same on my Bionic.

lmandroid

Reaction score
On the S3, if you long press a song in your playlist, it will give you an option to set it as ringtone, and I'm pretty sure it was same on my Bionic.
That was an option on the bionic with ICS. It was removed with JB.