Rezound = Rooted. What now

thurst0n

Reaction score
So I've been on the temp root for a while now and I just froze some bloatware using Titanium Backup and all was swell. Then I decided i want to go a bit deeper so tonight I did the 1-click Perm Root.

Now before I go farther I've got a couple questions and i'm looking for some guidance.
Pardon ome for asking dumb questions..

#1)should I have created an image backup prior to doing the root process? Amon Ra/Clockwork
at this point I'll be doing one or the other without going much further, unless TitaniumBackup offers some sort of real security for me, thoughts advice?

#2) When I open TiBa i now get this message (which i never got on the temp root)
"Warning
Your ROM is rooted but the "su" binary has non-optimal access rights, which may cause problems.
Titanium Backup Pro can fix this problem automatically in many cases. Do you want to proceed?"
simply put, do I want to proceed?...

#3) does perm root mean the same thing as s-off or are we still waiting for that.

#4)if an app freezes with no unwanted consequences, does that mean i'm ok to uninstall it as well?...

Anything else I should know before I start freezing apps again?

What else should I do with my rooted phone, i have a couple ideas but want to hear from people. Sorry if this is a bad thread.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's call a timeout on the field. Did you unlock the phone or did you go from temp root to running one of the "permanent root" scripts without unlocking? You have to unlock before you can get permanent root. I just want to clear that up before saying anything else.

OP
T

thurst0n

Reaction score
Ok, let's call a timeout on the field. Did you unlock the phone or did you go from temp root to running one of the "permanent root" scripts without unlocking? You have to unlock before you can get permanent root. I just want to clear that up before saying anything else.

Sorry I was unclear. I did unlock bootloader through htcdev yes. Now perm rooted w/ one click method.. originally I only temp rooted to freeze some bloat.

Also I figured out #3..

Play ball!...?

OP
T

thurst0n

Reaction score
Anyone? For any of these.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a good idea to first make a nandroid back-up before fiddling with anything. If all you've done is freeze apps, you haven't done that much. Me, I did a back-up but when I was thinking about returning for a charging problem (appears to have been the rom I was running), I simply flashed the stock RUU. I now need to perm root again before flashing roms.

Me, personally, Senseless Rom was good, but I'm waiting for a good AOSP ICS build. There's a beta out now, and also a stable beta Senseless ICS, but I'm going to give these another version or two before I bother. Flashing such roms is not the cakewalk the D1 was, albeit still relatively painless. You have to go flash the kernel separately in fastboot, and I think the signed image - this is because unlocked is not the same as S-Off, which is why you can't just flash a rom and kernel in recovery.