[HOW TO] Permanently Root Rezound

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You're Ok with the tampered/unlocked. Just "fastboot flash recovery <your amon ra file>" with the phone in fastboot USB and connected to your PC

winkler.dane

Reaction score
Thanks MrSmith

I was able to get it going. In the fastboot menu I hit recovery, then I finally saw the screen I was looking for. "Choose zip from card"
What a relief! I wiped data, all that and have Scotts CleanRom Std running now. I'm still setting up apps and everything but it's looking good.
Thanks for everyone's posts!

winkler.dane

Reaction score
You're Ok with the tampered/unlocked. Just "fastboot flash recovery <your amon ra file>" with the phone in fastboot USB and connected to your PC

One thing that I miss already from my Droid X is the ability to tap a phone number from say, a craigslist ad, and have it go directly to the dialer. I'm not sure what that option is called. But, does anyone know how to get it working on my Rezound?

oilrat1560

Reaction score
I am unlocked and I have done amon ra file. Rebooted and still has s on and I tried to open titanium and it says no root? I have superuser.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So there are two different binaries to try:

SuperSU - SuperSU Download
and
Superuser - Superuser

First: Uninstall the app from Settings -> Applications
Reboot into recovery
From the developer Menu re-install superuser/su
Flash the zip file downloaded above
Reboot

oilrat1560

Reaction score
Worked perfect! Mr. Smith for president! What would you say is the best Rom for Rezound?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't touched a Rezound ROM in quite some time. So it would be really hard for me to say. Hopefully some others can chime in here.

oilrat1560

Reaction score
I flashed Scott's clean Rom, so far it's pretty nice but for some reason I can't download anything from market. When I try to down loss an app it comes up with this error? Know anything about this?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't used CleanROM in a long time. Which version were you using? I still talk to Scott every so often but I think he gave up on the Rezound a while back.