Rezound not getting htc sense 4.0?

tc1

Reaction score
Read this in a couple of different places.

There is absolutely no reason why this phone should not get all the latest sense updates.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
From everything I know the Rezound is getting Sense 4.0 when it gets Android 4.0.4. We may initially get Android 4.0.3 but not likely. Sense 4.0 is being pushed on the One series and Sense 3.6 is being pushed on the Vivid. As far as I know the Rezound has better everything than both phones.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone over at Android Central is convinced that we are not getting Sense 4.0. But I can't remember who it was and what there source was. I don't see why our device wouldn't get Sense 4.0 unless they are using it to market the HTC ones as having it exclusively.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone over at Android Central is convinced that we are not getting Sense 4.0. But I can't remember who it was and what there source was. I don't see why our device wouldn't get Sense 4.0 unless they are using it to market the HTC ones as having it exclusively.

It certainly wasn't me. Someone close to HTC told me otherwise and I'm sticking with that until they prove otherwise.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the off chance that we don't get it for some reason, I am sure a port will be made. 4.0 does look pretty cool. I didn't realize how much changed from, 3.6 to 4.0. I was just watching the video here [video=youtube;UuMM4MIA0Mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuMM4MIA0Mk[/video]

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was more than enough to actually get me interested in at least playing with it.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score

That's what I'm worried about. I despise the notion of being forced to buy a new phone for the latest software when this one is more than powerful enough to run it.

If they indeed pull that b.s. it's no more htc phones for me.

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
And yes I understand that people can root and Rom their phone and run it that way.

But 99% of people have no idea on how to do that nor should they have too.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
We probably will get it. I don't think htc would do that to us. IMO they have generally been the better manufacturer when compared to Samsung and Motorola.

Sent from my Rezound

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
We probably will get it. I don't think htc would do that to us. IMO they have generally been the better manufacturer when compared to Samsung and Motorola.

Sent from my Rezound

Let us not forget their epic mess ups with the Thunderbolt!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope ICS performs better when it is official. The ICS Roms were good but, the Gingerbread Roms I have ran have been so much faster. Not sure why there is lag when ICS is suppose to be faster. Turning off animation helps, but speed difference is noticeable when I go back to a GB Rom.