Difference between blur and sense

wildride89

Reaction score
I'm new to the whole sense ui and my question is just like the title what's the difference between the two? Is there certain things that you can only do with sense? Thanks for any input.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
They're both mildly annoying, have widgets and integration into their proprietary systems. Sense just looks prettier doing it. It's like, who would you rather beat you to death, a sexy supermodel(Sense) or this one eyed guy we found hanging out under a dumpster(Blur)?

illmatic636

Reaction score
They're both mildly annoying, have widgets and integration into their proprietary systems. Sense just looks prettier doing it. It's like, who would you rather beat you to death, a sexy supermodel(Sense) or this one eyed guy we found hanging out under a dumpster(Blur)?

Sense is to HTC as Blur is to Motorola, and TouchWiz is to Samsung. They are all secondary layers of skin customized by the manufacturer to make the Stock OS look sexier. However, they tend to slow down the ui in many cases. Most Modders prefer a Vanilla Rom like CM8 and customize from there.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Coming from Blur(p), sense IS much nicer looking...seems to work a bit better too. So I would choose the supermodel over the smelly bum any day.:biggrin:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Coming from Blur(p), sense IS much nicer looking...seems to work a bit better too. So I would choose the supermodel over the smelly bum any day.:biggrin:

Blur was never that bad...
I always thought it looked quite nice with the brushed glass look. It kinda fits a serious and sharp look. My complaint about both skins is that they both have way too many services running in the background. Heck, I'm even running a heavily modified blur theme on both of my devices win cm7 installed. Very sharp looking win a robotics font.

Sent from my Touchpad using DroidForums

Last edited: