rezound ics question

Drew_P

Reaction score
My girl just got the ota update for ics......or at least that's what the prompt said when it was ready to download. After all the revolts and downloading I looked thru the about phone section and it shows she is still on 2.3.4 with sense 3.5. I was expecting the usual 4.0 and sense 3.6. Anyone have any ideas as to why this happened or how I can try and re-do the ota.......thanks in advance for any help.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

amavit

Reaction score
Was it the 7mb update or the 300some mb update? There's an update that gets pushed that's supposed to "ready" the phone for ics, and then a subsequent update that's larger that is the actual ics. If it was the first one you didn't actually get ics yet. You can try to check for New software and if that doesn't work I have read that by going to the update app in the apps part of settings and force stopping it should make it work and check for the update. Hope that helps somewhat :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My girl just got the ota update for ics......or at least that's what the prompt said when it was ready to download. After all the revolts and downloading I looked thru the about phone section and it shows she is still on 2.3.4 with sense 3.5. I was expecting the usual 4.0 and sense 3.6. Anyone have any ideas as to why this happened or how I can try and re-do the ota.......thanks in advance for any help.

Sounds like you got the pre ICS one. Go to settings, software update and check status. It should say which one you got.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
She's had the phone since a little after launch, and I remember her getting a maintenance update a while back. I checked and it says it was the 4.0 update and that it had many improvements, but once again when I check she is still on 2.3. Baffling......

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
She's had the phone since a little after launch, and I remember her getting a maintenance update a while back. I checked and it says it was the 4.0 update and that it had many improvements, but once again when I check she is still on 2.3. Baffling......

Ok. Go to that again, let it stay there a couple of minutes without going to sleep, then tap the back arrow, then tap Check New and it should give the install option. Mine did the same thing and someone somewhere on this forum posted that solution. Worked on mine.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

Willt365

Reaction score
Just turn phone off, then back on, u will get a prompt to download ota update

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just turn phone off, then back on, u will get a prompt to download ota update

I didn't is why I used the above method I saw on this forum.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
mountainbikermark said:
Ok. Go to that again, let it stay there a couple of minutes without going to sleep, then tap the back arrow, then tap Check New and it should give the install option. Mine did the same thing and someone somewhere on this forum posted that solution. Worked on mine.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I Fire my posts with Blue Tapatalk 2

Well I tried this without any change. It's just weird. Had the prompt for the update, went thru the update, restarted the phone and still doesn't show any change. Don't know what else to try. Any help is appreciated.

Taco

Reaction score
Click on status under the update menu and let it sit there a while don't hit back or anything. Just tap the screen to keep it awake. Eventually it will prompt you for install ... Then you can pull the 299mb ics update.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Taco said:
Click on status under the update menu and let it sit there a while don't hit back or anything. Just tap the screen to keep it awake. Eventually it will prompt you for install ... Then you can pull the 299mb ics update.

Taco, I'm not sure I'm explaining things clearly, but please tell me if I am. I read on the forums that the ics update was available for the rez so I manually started it. I accepted it and it went thru the usual power down and reboot and download. To me didn't seem to take that long actually. After all was said and done, none of the android numbers or sense numbers had changed. Was still on 2.3.4 and sense 3.5. But I will try your advice and post later tonight if anything changes. If your advice changes after reading my explanation then please feel free to give more advice. Thanks.

Taco

Reaction score
Try rebooting the phone then checking for another update. There are 2 updates one is 7mb the other 299mb.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Taco said:
Try rebooting the phone then checking for another update. There are 2 updates one is 7mb the other 299mb.

Taco, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you. Once again these forums prove their worth to me. Followed your instructions and they worked like a charm. Now my girls rez is rocking ics. Of course now it makes me yearn for ics on my tbolt.......it could happen.