Rezound must be on its way out; now FREE w/ new contract at VZW

TWC42

Reaction score
12/31/12 on the VZW site, the Rezound with earbuds is now FREE with a new two year activation. In the past, that usually signals a sell-off and the end of the line for a particular model. It is mind-boggling that I got the Rezound soon after it was introduced, around November 2011, for $300 with contract extension, got a $100 credit when the price dropped over the 2011 Holidays, choosing between the newest models including the Razr and the Nexus (both too wide for me), and now all those phones are outdated and I'm not even eligible for an upgrade until August 2013. Maybe I should go back to a landline :biggrin:

Last edited:

rbw62

Reaction score
It is bait to get you to sign New contract. Lose unlimited data.
They are trying it with a 10 per month off comcast bill. But read fine print....

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I saw the same thing yesterday.
Some folks are going to get a great phone for free.

It's no surprise that they are offering it for free though. The Rezound has been out for over a year.
I got mine back in June for $80 with a 2-yr. contract. Glad I did that when I did...I snuck in right before they switched to the tiered plans. I have unlimited data until June of 2014.
:icon_ banana:

...but after that, it's probably bye-bye Verizon if they make me switch to a tiered plan.

MarkO

Reaction score
I'm one of those guys. I shattered two Droid Razr's in the past two months, so I grabbed this offer. It's also very nice to be on a VW employee plan. I can upgrade every 10 months. In this case, I transferred an ungrade from another phone. Honestly, this phone should have probably been my first choice. The Razr is really too thin and if you keep your phone in your front pants pocket (like I do) and jsut lean against something rigid, it's toast. Hopefully the bulk of this phone prevents it from bending.