rezound is best

idaho04

Reaction score
Do not throw away your rezound. I live way in the mountains where the signal is very weak. My tower is 15 miles away an in the hills. My wife has a new samsung s3, cannot make calls and cannot get 4g. My rezound works just fine have to be in certain spots in the house to make calls but works, and get 4g most of the days. I don't think I will ever take an upgrade.

Where do you go after rezound? Are there any new phones that good?

jrp

Reaction score
i just swapped from my rezound to the S4 and have noticed the radio isnt as good as the rezound was. I'd be at full bars with the rezound and am at 2 bars with the S4 with the phones being in the exact same spot on my desk. That being said the S4 smokes the rezound in every other conceivable way.

kefler

Reaction score
My 1.5 year old rezound stopped charging fast (bad port, went to USB charging only all the time). So I got another for 91 shipped off ebay... I used the opportunity to put CM10.1 on it.. I LOVE IT.. it's great... battery life is better too. So I think I have some life now to wait out till xmas time or just after to see what there is.

Edit -- Yeah I agree about the radios. I can't get myself to buy an HTC One, S4, or whatever because they are TOO FREAKING BIG. And the 'mini' versions aren't going to hit verizon in forever. Not to mention they tend to be lower end phones. Can't someone make a 4.3" phone that is top of the line?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My 1.5 year old rezound stopped charging fast (bad port, went to USB charging only all the time). So I got another for 91 shipped off ebay... I used the opportunity to put CM10.1 on it.. I LOVE IT.. it's great... battery life is better too. So I think I have some life now to wait out till xmas time or just after to see what there is.

Edit -- Yeah I agree about the radios. I can't get myself to buy an HTC One, S4, or whatever because they are TOO FREAKING BIG. And the 'mini' versions aren't going to hit verizon in forever. Not to mention they tend to be lower end phones. Can't someone make a 4.3" phone that is top of the line?

I went from the Rez to the Galaxy Nexus to the S III to the Note II to the S IV and honestly the only one that really felt big was the Note II. And that stopped feeling large after a day

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went from the Rez to the Galaxy Nexus to the S III to the Note II to the S IV and honestly the only one that really felt big was the Note II. And that stopped feeling large after a day

I was initially thinking of a Note 3 but I just cannot for the life of me seeing myself getting used to holding a Kindle sized device for phone calls. Granted if the Bluetooth stack doesn't end up sucking like every other Android device I might reconsider.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

VidJunky

Reaction score
...and honestly the only one that really felt big was the Note II. And that stopped feeling large after a day

I hope MrSmith is right about the feel of the larger phone, because I would like to stick with HTC, and I want a top end device, but I'm worried that a basically 6" phone is a bit on the large side. The One Mini would have been my first upgrade choice coming from the Inc, but after the Rezound I can't see going down a size even if it may out perform the Rezound. I thought it was big compared to the Inc so maybe I'll feel the same way about the Max.? The One Max seems to be the only offering with any decent specs from Verizon this quarter. Am I wrong?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope MrSmith is right about the feel of the larger phone, because I would like to stick with HTC, and I want a top end device, but I'm worried that a basically 6" phone is a bit on the large side. The One Mini would have been my first upgrade choice coming from the Inc, but after the Rezound I can't see going down a size even if it may out perform the Rezound. I thought it was big compared to the Inc so maybe I'll feel the same way about the Max.? The One Max seems to be the only offering with any decent specs from Verizon this quarter. Am I wrong?

I wouldn't necessarily discount a device based on specs only. Apple has been getting optimal performance on inferior specs for over a decade. Raw computing horse power doesn't necessarily mean better performance at the end. I'm not giving kudos to Apple so much as saying take a look at some of the newer devices in how they utilize their internals before deciding for or against. On the Rezound we got some beautiful specs at the time but Verizon managed to do some things to hinder the overall performance in their attempt to Verizonize the device.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

enteroutdo

Reaction score
right, The One Mini would have been my first upgrade choice coming from the Inc.thanks
oBTk

Synappse

Reaction score
I too have signal when most everyone around me doesn't. I've been in the middle of the mountains before on a hike with several bars, while my friends GS3 couldn't send or receive calls I was tweeting pictures. Love this phone, but come time to upgrade I can't refrain from the temptation of a nice new device.