Rezound wallpaper size confusion?

Edgar_in_Indy

Reaction score
I'm a new HTC Rezound owner and I'm delighted with the phone so far, as well as the 4G service here in Indianapolis. Like any new smartphone owner, one of the first things I wanted to do was to install custom wallpapers. However, things got a little complicated when I searched online for Rezound wallpapers.

In the threads I found, I saw people saying that the proper size for Rezound wallpaper images is 1440x1280. And almost all of the wallpapers that were posted are nearly square in shape.

Why would a phone with a 16:9 widescreen with a 1280x720 resolution take square 1440x1280 wallpapers??? It doesn't make any sense to me! I've been putting 1280x720 wallpapers on the phone and they work great. So where did this idea of 1440x1280 come from? Wouldn't you have to either crop the image, or distort it to make it work?

rbw62

Reaction score
You can put any size on it, you may have to crop though.

acejavelin

Reaction score
On Gingerbread, the Rezound wallpaper would "scroll" as you swiped side to side on the home screens, that is why larger wallpaper was recommended at one time. Now with ICS that ability is gone, any wallpaper larger than 1280x720 will need to cropped or adjusted to fit (it will do it automatically when you select it).