Review: Monster Jamz

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
rview1.JPG

Music is becoming part of our daily lives from the morning till the moment when you hit the bed, so why is having a pair of good headphones so hard. Well here is why, because you have never experienced these Monster headphones. Produced by Monster Cables, these new ear buds are made for people that want great sounding music and are okay paying a little bit more to get them.

Now before I get into the full review, I want to apologize for my mistake. I was so excited about trying to break one pair of these ear buds when I received them that I forgot I needed it for images. I actually was not successful in destroying the headphones, but I did give it a scratch after the sledge hammer hit it to a concrete ground (seriously). Regardless, I still have some pretty good images, and I will post the breaking of video as soon as I can.

Review

rview12.JPG

Package
When you receive these headphones, they come in a very small nice and neat box. This box contents everything you need to make you feel happy about your purchase. The mobile version of the headphones comes with a free 2G micro SD card for people that need it for their device. The Jams version comes without a MicroSD card, but it does have music up and down controls so you can easily switch between songs. The other included items are adaptors, manuals, and that very cool pouch that you can put your ear buds in.
The included accessories are pretty great for the price and as far as included things, the Mobile version wins.

rview13.JPG

Features and Experience:
Here is the most important of this review, because if you are buying headphones, they have to sound good and these really do. When I first received these headphones the quality that it produces was so great that I wore it while driving to work the next day (which as you know is not very smart). I mean I am a person that listens to Hip-hop, Jazz, Swing, and Reggae, and these headphones handled all of them with great detail to every beat. The bass from the Hip-hop songs came through and sounded like I was putting my ear against some pretty big speakers. The treble on the Jazz music I listened to sounds perfect, and it really does bring a smile on your face when you hear the quality.
Now these headphones are not perfect in every way. There is one huge flaw with them but it is easily fixed. The headphones come with one of the worst ear buds ever. When I first put them on, I noticed how uncomfortable they were on my small ear and I quickly took them off. Now lucky for me they came with the $25 SuperTips that were the most comfortable I have ever worn and automatically changed my experience with the headphones for the better.

rview14.JPG

Price
Now these come for a pretty steep price tag. The Mobile version will be around $149.95, which is around the price of a new phone with a contract. The other version, the standard version is around $10 less and you get the same thing the Mobile version has except the 2 GB memory card with adapter.

Now to answer the question this whole review is about, would I buy this? Yes I would, I would love to own it and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a great pair of headphones that bring you great quality but for a little more than the usual price.
4/5: I still very much hate the included ear buds.

Buy yourself One At the Store
Super Tips are also at their own Store

Last edited:

abullock22

Reaction score
anything to do with monster cables are over priced, i would not buy anything from that brand

king_43

Reaction score
I wonder how these stack up to my set of upscale Boise earbuds

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I wonder how these stack up to my set of upscale Boise earbuds
You know what... Do you think I should try those as well and compare the two?

That would be cool....I'm using the Bose mobile in-ear headset.
I just sent them an email. So soon I will review the Beats by Dre, then if they let me. The Bose in ear, and the on ear headphones. Then compare all 4 of them.

bomber889

Reaction score
I really like the Beats by Dr Dre Studio Headphones. Only flaw for me is that it needs batteries, or else it does not work.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I bet they sound great. In fact, I'm sure of it. But because they are made by monster, they are going to be WAY over priced. Because of that, I won't buy them.

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I bet they sound great. In fact, I'm sure of it. But because they are made by monster, they are going to be WAY over priced. Because of that, I won't buy them.
Why was I not informed about Monster being over priced :D
I didn't know this.
I guess we will know if its worth the over price factor against Bose soon.

zachcr250

Reaction score
I have been up in the air about this also between the Dr. Dre's and the Bose. I think your research will help me out alot. On the other hand it's been really hard to pay over a bill for a pair of headphones.